• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the deal with Capitol Comics Nexus

9 posts in this topic

I can't seem to find much information confused-smiley-013.gif on this comic. It looks like First Comics took over the comic and capitol let it go. I've got the first issue that Capitol put on the market in 1981 'Nexus #1 in B&W but I can't find much info on it, like value, rarity. If anyone knows much about this comic please let me know.

http://users.adelphia.net/~cvalley/nexus1.jpg

I've also got it listed on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6522740087&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Clare

They put out three issues, magazine sized. Then they put out some color comic sized issues, about 6 I think. Capital also had a few other titles, Badger and Whisper. They got out of the publishing business and First took over the titles. There was some relationship between First and Capital, but I don't remember now what it was.

Nexus was the best of the Capital titles IMO, nice art and good story. The 3rd magazine issue had a flexi disc on it with soundtrack and dialogue. The book was mildly "hot' at one time, though I don't think it has much of an audience now. After Rude left the title went downhill.

This post would probably best fit in the Marketplace.

Anyhoo,

Capitol did 3 B&W magazine size books, one having a flexidisk record(#3). They also did the first 6 issues of the color comic before selling out to First Comics.

Nexus is one of the best Copper/Modern reads around. But, the books are not rare...the B&W mags may be slightly uncommon and that's about it. See the Overstreet guide for a full description of the title.

It appears that they have a few more years to go before they are worth much more that a % of guide. That being said, I think I make a token bid on your book..it looks to be in nice shape.

They put out three issues, magazine sized. Then they put out some color comic sized issues, about 6 I think. Capital also had a few other titles, Badger and Whisper. They got out of the publishing business and First took over the titles. There was some relationship between First and Capital, but I don't remember now what it was.

Nexus was the best of the Capital titles IMO, nice art and good story. The 3rd magazine issue had a flexi disc on it with soundtrack and dialogue. The book was mildly "hot' at one time, though I don't think it has much of an audience now. After Rude left the title went downhill.

Yeah, what he said.

Those early Nexus stories are due to be published in a TPB-type format this year,and Rude has mentioned doing something with the character. The plans for a movie have been in development hell for about a decade,and plans to do a kids cartoon have fallen thru,as well.

Would have loved to see how they would have made a Saturday morning cartoon about a hero who was a mass murderer.

One of my favorite characters. Baron and Rude did a great job. If you never read this title-read it!

VZ

Steve Rude... hail.gif