• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green Lantern / Superman question

8 posts in this topic

Fanboy question time.

I've read that back in the Silver Age, Green Lantern could emulate Kryptonite with his power ring.

Does anyone know where this happened? I assume it was in Justice League of America, but I'm not sure. If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Fanboy question time.

I've read that back in the Silver Age, Green Lantern could emulate Kryptonite with his power ring.

Does anyone know where this happened? I assume it was in Justice League of America, but I'm not sure. If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

The cover of DC Comics Presents #26, although later than Silver Age, has a very famous such use of the power ring.

I've recently read both my Silver Age Green Lantern and Justice League run and don't remember seeing a scene you described. But, now I'm worried it was there and I simply forgot.

Anyway, going to look again just in case over the weekend if nobody gives up the issue you're looking for just in case I did forget. I helped a board member locate an issue he was looking for years ago and it felt kind of good.

It might not exist. I've read references to Green Lantern doing this, but haven't actually seen it outside of that issue of DC Comics Presents. However, it's not actually Hal Jordan doing it in that story, it's an alien posing as him. So I'm trying to figure out if this is something Hal ever actually did himself or not.

Thanks for the help!

Don't think this is what you're looking for but there is some reference in Justice League of America 63. On page 20 Superman is trying to figure out which member of the Justice League was set up by the Key to try and kill him. When he asked Green Lantern he said no and he doubts that his ring would have been powerful enough to accomplish the task regardless. So, if there was some reference as per your request, that issue pretty much says no...not possible.

Someone on another forum found the answer for me. It wasn't Silver Age, it happened in the Bronze Age, in Action Comics #437.

Superman ended up winning the fight anyway because he used yellow to block Lantern's ring, thereby shutting off the Kryptonite.

Mystery solved!