• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metropolis Comics

91 posts in this topic

still waiting for mine

+1

I used paypal to ask a question on shipment and it filed a dispute? Well since it has been filed, I received my tracking today and it has been picked up.

That's odd. I received my confirmation today as well.

1 month, no tracking , no shipment and no follow up since my last email.

Not good Metro.

My order (from ComicConnect auction) placed June 11, shipped July 11th.

Actually a little faster than I usually see.

Not good Metro.

Did you call them?

In what other on-line industry is this needed? I can't remember the last time I ordered something on-line and had to call to ask where the spoon my order is. A few clicks, enter credit card info, address, a few more clicks and it's at my door a few days later. Why do comic book dealers/auction houses get a pass on this? Bad service is bad service, I don't care how good the people are, if their service sucks it sucks.

When did it become the buyers responsibility to make sure the seller is doing what they are paid to do? I'm tired of the "did you call them" bull5hit. No, I didn't call them, why the spoon should I have to? I spooning paid them.

Not good Metro.

Did you call them?

In what other on-line industry is this needed? I can't remember the last time I ordered something on-line and had to call to ask where the spoon my order is. A few clicks, enter credit card info, address, a few more clicks and it's at my door a few days later. Why do comic book dealers/auction houses get a pass on this? Bad service is bad service, I don't care how good the people are, if their service sucks it sucks.

When did it become the buyers responsibility to make sure the seller is doing what they are paid to do? I'm tired of the "did you call them" bull5hit. No, I didn't call them, why the spoon should I have to? I spooning paid them.

I think this needs to be stickied at the top! BRAVO TO YOU, 100% AGREE!!! :applause:

Jay

It would be nice if we could call up people who are late with payments with this attitude.

I sold you the spooning book, where is my spooning money.

I've said it before but a thread about dealers candidly discussion some of their strangest and most difficult client interactions would probably be voted thread of the year.

Problem with that type of thread is that if we didn't put the names of the customers some people would think we were writing about them and get very upset.

Dealers are expected to pay for something/ship something immediately but should have no problem waiting to get paid. Dealers should always take the back seat when another more important expense comes up.

Dealers don't need the money, we have no expenses, our lives are all rainbows and unicorns where the magic money tree pays our bills.

Dealers are expected to be understanding, sympathetic, compassionate when somebody doesn't pay for something.

Dealers should sell for wholesale and buy at retail.

Dealers should know what every customers version of "FAIR" is by using the Comic Mind Meld.

It would be nice if we could call up people who are late with payments with this attitude.

I sold you the spooning book, where is my spooning money.

Other industries do it all time. If a person stops paying, their account gets sent to collections. If it still isn't paid then someone comes and takes away their 5hit.

If someone stops making payments then you keep the money they've already sent and sell the item to someone else. Or if you're feeling nice send them their money back and sell it to someone else.

Or don't take time payments. If someone wants to make payments that's what credit is for. If you make the choice to go into the "I'll take payments" business then sometimes you're going to lose. However, if I have paid you and you haven't sent me my book then you're the problem.

Problem with that type of thread is that if we didn't put the names of the customers some people would think we were writing about them and get very upset.

Dealers are expected to pay for something/ship something immediately but should have no problem waiting to get paid. Dealers should always take the back seat when another more important expense comes up.

Dealers don't need the money, we have no expenses, our lives are all rainbows and unicorns where the magic money tree pays our bills.

Dealers are expected to be understanding, sympathetic, compassionate when somebody doesn't pay for something.

Dealers should sell for wholesale and buy at retail.

Dealers should know what every customers version of "FAIR" is by using the Comic Mind Meld.

"Fair" is for pansies. Set the price and if someone wants it they can pay for it. If they don't have the money or can't get a loan then screw them.