• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC using old cases Grade date of May 12th

109 posts in this topic

Hopefully this doesn't poof too fast, but this was pointed out.

Certification #: 1355729016

Title: Walking Dead

Issue: 154

Issue Date: 5/16

Issue Year: 2016

Publisher: Image Comics

Grade: 9.8

Total Graded At: 23

Page Quality: WHITE

Grade Date: 05/12/2016

Category: Modern

Art Comments: Robert Kirkman story

Charlie Adlard & Stefano Gaudiano art

Charlie Adlard cover

Key Comments: 1st appearance of Beta.

Flipbook with Jupiter's Legacy 2

preview.

Grader Notes: None Available

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IMAGE-COMICS-THE-WALKING-DEAD-154-CGC-GRADED-9-8-NM-MINT-/291792409110

CGC was offering people the option to use the old cases shortly after they launched the new cases

This was likely a modern slow track book (I just had books from received April 15th ship back to me, the grade date on these books is May 16th).

Wouldn't everyone be happier if they reverted back to the old slab? Admitting the new case was a failure is the first step to making things right again...

They can't.

Wouldn't everyone be happier if they reverted back to the old slab? Admitting the new case was a failure is the first step to making things right again...

Yep, but that wouldn't happen in a million years. You'd first have to admit you were wrong

I would be thrilled. Would be curious to see how they resolved their Barex issue if in fact this is the case.

They mentioned they had some old stock left of the cases. I wouldn't get too excited until there is something official

I figured they ran out a while ago of the old stock.

They are on Dre's books...

So Dre is selling books that were graded within the last couple of weeks and slabbed in the old well style holder and Dre posted in the other thread that his bet was that CGC would announce that they are going back to the old style slab? hm

Now I'm getting my hopes up that he had inside info and that is in fact going to be the announcement. Which would make me very happy :cloud9:

They are on Dre's books...

So Dre is selling books that were graded within the last couple of weeks and slabbed in the old well style holder and Dre posted in the other thread that his bet was that CGC would announce that they are going back to the old style slab? hm

Now I'm getting my hopes up that he had inside info and that is in fact going to be the announcement. Which would make me very happy :cloud9:

I have no inside info - All I've seen is what has been posted on the boards. Your guess is as good as mine. Waiting for the announcement as well.