• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pick One: Marvel Spotlight 5 or Werewolf by Night 32

54 posts in this topic

Sorry, the cover to WWBN 32 sucks.

WHAT!?!?!?

blasphemy. That's one of the best covers out there!

WWBN32 > MS5

Haha- you must have pretty low standards then. I can think of some Howard the Duck covers that are better than WWBN32 :P J/k

They're both cool books... I'm still sitting in Camp Ghostrider though.

But seriously... If Moon Knight fought Howard the Duck, who would win?

And word on the street is that the craptastic non-motorcycle-riding Ghost Rider who will soon appear in Agents of Shield does not preclude one of the actual biker ones (like Johnny Blaze or Dan Ketch) to appear in Netflix or another movie.

But seriously - if someone were to come down from on high and state definitively that we'd never see Moon Knight in a TV or movie (except for when he did 20 years ago, when it was called Night Man), the value of & interest in WWBN 32 would drop like a stone.

Not so with Marvel Spotlight 5.

And word on the street is that the craptastic non-motorcycle-riding Ghost Rider who will soon appear in Agents of Shield does not preclude one of the actual biker ones (like Johnny Blaze or Dan Ketch) to appear in Netflix or another movie.

But seriously - if someone were to come down from on high and state definitively that we'd never see Moon Knight in a TV or movie (except for when he did 20 years ago, when it was called Night Man), the value of & interest in WWBN 32 would drop like a stone.

I agree 100%. I feel the comics should rise or fall on the merits of what the actual issue was, not the fact that any particular issue is the first appearance of a fictional creation that may later be translated into another medium.

It is the speculators who are currently ruining the hobby for the purists. Unfortunately, as there is no club with rules or a walled compound that is policed, they are free to do as they please. It is simply disappointing.

I agree 100%. I feel the comics should rise or fall on the merits of what the actual issue was, not the fact that any particular issue is the first appearance of a fictional creation that may later be translated into another medium.

It is the speculators who are currently ruining the hobby for the purists. Unfortunately, as there is no club with rules or a walled compound that is policed, they are free to do as they please. It is simply disappointing.

I agree. They are easier to avoid if you collect GA.

Also very true. SA and for that matter GA are for the serious collectors. Speculators can't pile in on account of price and scarcity.

The SA is closer to the BA in my opinion. Look at books like FF 52 and 67, DD 4, ASM 9 and 43 (and there are lots more) that have all seen speculation bumps.

The only comparable book I can think of in the GA is MF 73 which I think was due for a correction anyway.