• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Tales #95 classic sci -fi monster cover

65 posts in this topic

I don't think so. It has a light center bend and some foxing on the back cover, but the front is just beautiful.

Paid $350 for it on the boards some years ago and was thrilled with what I got.

You should be thrilled. Gorgeous copy of a fantastic comic book

Here's mine. Love it.

The cover is an odd one. The monster looks like Wolverton, but the people definitely do not. They don't look like Everett either...closer to Brodsky.

001_zps00gggha6.jpg

Man, that's cool! It is the last Marvel Tales I need to finish off the run. Just never see it for sale (or at a price I'd be willing to pay)

That's a book that's been on my want list for a long time. But I haven't seen a copy that I can afford offered in awhile.

Marvel Tales #95 probably isn't that rare but it certainly is a popular cover. In my opinion one of its best.

The cover works for me because it brings me back to one of my earliest childhood books "Where the Wild Things Are". It just has that vibe going on in it to me.

Marvel Tales #95 probably isn't that rare but it certainly is a popular cover. In my opinion one of its best.

The cover works for me because it brings me back to one of my earliest childhood books "Where the Wild Things Are". It just has that vibe going on in it to me.

I get that vibe too. The face of the monster is very reminiscent of Sendak.

Those goofy monsters from WTWTA scared the bejeebus out of me when I was a wee lad.

Those goofy monsters from WTWTA scared the bejeebus out of me when I was a wee lad.

Now that you mention it, there is some likeness.

That was my favorite book as a kid.

It was my daughters favorite book as a kid.

Just a couple more years before I can read it to my 3 yr old granddaughter ... can't wait ! :cloud9:

-bc

Quite the result of the sale of this raw copy of Marvel Tales 95 which the seller graded as a 6.0:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATLAS-MARVEL-TALES-95-EVERETT-ART-WOLVERTON-LIKE-COVER-PRECODE-HORROR-/162161281385?hash=item25c190c969:g:-cAAAOSwIgNXprto&rmvSB=true

Question: does that value translate to the Canadian version?

Quite the result of the sale of this raw copy of Marvel Tales 95 which the seller graded as a 6.0:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATLAS-MARVEL-TALES-95-EVERETT-ART-WOLVERTON-LIKE-COVER-PRECODE-HORROR-/162161281385?hash=item25c190c969:g:-cAAAOSwIgNXprto&rmvSB=true

Question: does that value translate to the Canadian version?

Thats crazy! Whats going on in PCH these days much less GA comics in general, and how much longer can the market sustain these prices? Seems like the market has been in a pretty good size bubble these past few years and I'd be remiss to say that I myself have helped contribute to these inflated prices, but I sure wish I had a crystal ball.

I hasten to think where the WEIRD MYSTERIES # 4 is gonna end up..2500? 3000.00? (shrug)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/162162230131?_trksid=p2055359.m1431.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT