• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why I Don't Like The Slab Phenom

162 posts in this topic

I also collect houses (have a dozen, here in SoCal), and that's where my heavy sugar goes.

OK, there's an area you should avoid slabs. ;)

On the contrary; they are all ON slabs...:wink:

:o

On second thought when the big one comes they'll have something to slide on. hm

I also collect houses (have a dozen, here in SoCal), and that's where my heavy sugar goes.

We're long overdue. Could be that when it eventually does happen, I'll be on a slab myself! :wink:

We're long overdue. Could be that when it eventually does happen, I'll be on a slab myself! :wink:

We all get slabbed eventually. My goal is to present better than grade. gw.gif

My aim is to look well loved and used. ;)

My aim is to look well loved and used. ;)

Looking well loved and used is easy, being well loved and looking better than grade requires maintenance.

Alas, I present well, but I probably wouldn't pass a resto-check, ...I might get a conserved grade though. :D

So can we all agree that other than books worth hundreds of dollars, books worth thousands of dollars, pedigree books, high grade books, and books with authenticated author/artist signatures, 3rd-party certification is useless? (shrug)

So can we all agree that other than books worth hundreds of dollars, books worth thousands of dollars, pedigree books, high grade books, and books with authenticated author/artist signatures, 3rd-party certification is useless? (shrug)

:signfunny:

lol

:idea: But let us not forget, the ultimately useless TPG Slab also replaced the original Fortress as a comic holder providing a lot of obviously unwanted protection for fragile books.

lol

:idea: But let us not forget, the ultimately useless TPG Slab also replaced the original Fortress as a comic holder providing a lot of obviously unwanted protection for fragile books.

Oops, I left "fragile books" out of the list - good call! :headbang:

I'm buying Timex's, and you guys are trading Bulova's.

People buy HG CGC books to avoid accidentally buying a fake Rolex a la Dupcak ^^

Really. You don't say.

To the OP - what do you think of this beauty?

cryptofterror017.jpg

But this book is EXHIBIT A why CGC is important. I paid a lot for it. A lot. I finally went around to getting it slabbed last summer.

Color touched. I got it from a major major dealer, one who I have bought from a long time and will buy from again. I believe I paid - roughly - triple what I should have, had I known it was color touched. I still love it, it is a beautiful copy, but I'm a little vexed about it.