• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED! Thanks Yall! Stuff from the Junk Pile Short Pre-4th of July Sale

45 posts in this topic

OK Margie Fans. Here is another copy of this classic...

Cover is neatly detached from book. Has a small chunk out of bottom left corner. Top, left corner has a bump tear. Cover could use a cleaning. Some kid neatly filled in the title with pencil. Centerfold is neatly detached and a little ragged on edge. Back cover is a little dirty. Supple inside pages.

But, a little better than the critter chew on the first copy. And, that classic Stan l

Lee tale.

$50. for this one

margiecopyb1_zpslgl4spsv.jpg

margiecopyb2_zpsjal0ajka.jpg

Hurry up guys or I will buy this one too.

SOLD!

Fresh from my flea market pickings this morning. A found a little pile of nice girly digests from the 1950's.

Tempo Magazine April 3, 1956

Has a nice Marilyn Monroe back cover as well as a 5 page story with photos. Also a robot movie photo feature and other titilating topics.

A tight, clean copy. 66 pages in black and white. Lots of photos. VERY light wear with no real noticeable defects. Yellowed, supple paper.

$20. for some bedtime reading

tempo1_zpszlq9wg7i.jpg

tempo2_zpslzs4hwte.jpg

SOLD!

Cindy Smith #39 May 1950 Timely/Marvel Pubs

Great painted cover on this hard to find book!

A very sharp, clean, bright complete copy. Has a slight spine roll (as made). Some light edge dents and wrinkling. Back cover is a little dirty. Light pencil arrival date. No tears or creases. Cover and centerfold bound well to book. Interior paper is off white / white and supple with no tears or creases.

$30. for this dreamy book!

cindysmith39_zpsunw1bf7r.jpg

Terrors of the Jungle #10 Sept. 1954 Star Publications

Great L. B.Cole cover + a nice Disbrow story as well. Fox reprints.

A clean, bright, complete copy. Slight spine bend. A tiny chunk out of top left corner of cover. Spine is neatly split in center about 4". Book is neatly detached from cover.Tiny waterstain at top of spine on back cover. Nice reader with slightly yellowed interior pages.

$45 to get terrified!

terrorsofjungle1_zpst6guahi1.jpg

terrorsofjungle2_zpswbnhefc8.jpg

Miss America #35 Sept 1950 Marvel Publications

Great football photo cover. All comics inside with Patsy Walker, Jeanie, Hedy, Mitzi and Lana.

Clean, tight complete copy. Has transverse spine creases, minor corner wear and interior staples are just starting to get a little weak. No major tears, creases or pieces missing. Centerfold is tight to book. White pages.

$25. for a lot of teenage fun!

missamerica_zpsewfh92cz.jpg

SOLD!

Last book of the day and yes, it's ANNOTHER Margie #36. I have quite a few of these but this is the last one I will be selling for a while.

This is by far the best of the 3 copies. Has a small name on her cheek. (Seems like that is the place to write your name on this book). There is also a partial store stamp on her forehead. The cover and centerfold is tight to the single staple holding on the cover. Flat, clean and tight with no tears, splits or creases. Bright copy. Just minor wear. Back cover is very slightly dirty at bottom. Interior pages are yellowed but no tears or creases. A very presentable copy. As a note there is one 9.2 on the census I believe. An 8.0 is the best I've been able to find in many years of looking for these. oh, and a perfect example for a Stan Lee signature...

$150. or I put it back in the box...

margiecopyc1_zpsqilolgyg.jpg

margiecopyc2_zps8nqhhzor.jpg

Last book of the day and yes, it's ANNOTHER Margie #36. I have quite a few of these but this is the last one I will be selling for a while.

This is by far the best of the 3 copies. Has a small name on her cheek. (Seems like that is the place to write your name on this book). There is also a partial store stamp on her forehead. The cover and centerfold is tight to the single staple holding on the cover. Flat, clean and tight with no tears, splits or creases. Bright copy. Just minor wear. Back cover is very slightly dirty at bottom. Interior pages are yellowed but no tears or creases. A very presentable copy. As a note there is one 9.2 on the census I believe. An 8.0 is the best I've been able to find in many years of looking for these. oh, and a perfect example for a Stan Lee signature...

:takeit:

A very sharp, clean, bright complete copy. Has a slight spine roll (as made). Some light edge dents and wrinkling. Back cover is a little dirty. Light pencil arrival date. No tears or creases. Cover and centerfold bound well to book. Interior paper is off white / white and supple with no tears or creases.

Sold to sqeggs! Thanks Tony, I really didn't want to have to put it back!

Comedy #10 Jan 1950 Marvel Pubs. Great teenage stuff with Hedy, Millie and Tessie!

A solid, complete copy. Has 1/2" x 2" chunk out of top right corner of cover and first page. No art affected. Some light spotting and corner wear. 3/4" neat upper spine split. Back cover has a small piece out of top.ook and centerfold bound well to covers. Interior paper is off white and supple. There is a neat 3/4" cut through whole book at top.

$20. for a lot of laffs

comedy10a_zpschojscqo.jpg

comedy10b_zpsnlkheqap.jpg

Sold to 143ksk Thanks for your patronage!

Comedy #10 Jan 1950 Marvel Pubs. Great teenage stuff with Hedy, Millie and Tessie!

A solid, complete copy. Has 1/2" x 2" chunk out of top right corner of cover and first page. No art affected. Some light spotting and corner wear. 3/4" neat upper spine split. Back cover has a small piece out of top.ook and centerfold bound well to covers. Interior paper is off white and supple. There is a neat 3/4" cut through whole book at top.

$20. for a lot of laffs

comedy10a_zpschojscqo.jpg

comedy10b_zpsnlkheqap.jpg

Also Sold to 143ksk Thanks again!

Fresh from my flea market pickings this morning. A found a little pile of nice girly digests from the 1950's.

Tempo Magazine April 3, 1956

Has a nice Marilyn Monroe back cover as well as a 5 page story with photos. Also a robot movie photo feature and other titilating topics.

A tight, clean copy. 66 pages in black and white. Lots of photos. VERY light wear with no real noticeable defects. Yellowed, supple paper.

$20. for some bedtime reading

tempo1_zpszlq9wg7i.jpg

tempo2_zpslzs4hwte.jpg

:takeit: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u