• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Fantasy 15 & Brexit

124 posts in this topic

You are looking to buy one for cheap hey well that time has long passed and there will be no going back....sorry to tell you!! If you missed the boat then simply accept it and stop hoping the world will fall and you will get a great deal on a AF15......economies always bounce back.....and if they should happen not to your last concern will be owning a AF15 (you will wish you just had the very minimum basics like water and a bit of food everyday and security....maybe at that point we will be using comics to wipe our buts due to lack of toilet paper.....hmmm wonder how they would grade those and what the graders notes would say....would they create brown labels....lol)!!

I sold my comic collection long ago. But kept my amazing fantasy 15s.

That said, my above theories are legitimate.

Many times we confuse business and economics with hobbies. This is primarily a hobby not a business. If you're worried about how Brexit will impact your comic collection maybe you need to spend your dollars elsewhere. :makepoint:

When a book sells for between 6-7 figures , it would be foolish to not account for business into the equation

Hobby !!! lol

You are looking to buy one for cheap hey well that time has long passed and there will be no going back....sorry to tell you!! If you missed the boat then simply accept it and stop hoping the world will fall and you will get a great deal on a AF15......economies always bounce back.....and if they should happen not to your last concern will be owning a AF15 (you will wish you just had the very minimum basics like water and a bit of food everyday and security....maybe at that point we will be using comics to wipe our buts due to lack of toilet paper.....hmmm wonder how they would grade those and what the graders notes would say....would they create brown labels....lol)!!

Why make a big deal out of this enjoy the books and stop worrying about all the stupid world events....don't you know by now it is a huge manipulation by the so called elite....they will not let the world fall otherwise they would lose all their slaves that they worked for 1000's of years to put them in line (generation after generation). They just want to keep them all in check....so most do not progress. Your AF15's will not be affected and they are then as mentioned above you will have no time to worry about such things because you will be panicking just to survive day by day.

Edited by Hulk1962

Why make a big deal out of this enjoy the books and stop worrying about all the stupid world events....don't you know by now it is a huge manipulation by the so called elite....they will not let the world fall otherwise they would lose all their slaves that they worked for 1000's of years to put them in line. They just want to keep them all in check....so most do not progress.

lol

I absolutely agree with half of what you wrote

The other half I vehemently disagree

The elite may be in control over the long haul but the short term I have my severe doubts

I knew Brexit would succeed

And I know this planet is in for a world of hurt soon

The elites don't give a wit about u or me

And amazing fantasy 15 is over valued when the economy tanks

I will exit stage left now

Why make a big deal out of this enjoy the books and stop worrying about all the stupid world events....don't you know by now it is a huge manipulation by the so called elite....they will not let the world fall otherwise they would lose all their slaves that they worked for 1000's of years to put them in line. They just want to keep them all in check....so most do not progress.

lol

The elite may be in control over the long haul but the short term I have my severe doubts

The elite play games all day long with people like you and me nothing happens without them knowing about it and over seeing it. Enjoy life worrying about it or thinking you will change it will waste decades of your life and they know that as well one day you will just accept it and move on you can only fight for so long before exhaust kicks in. Revolutions never solve much because every time one happens the status quo just kicks back in after a while. There will always be people at the top and people in the middle and people at the bottom such is life in capitalism.

Are you a young man full of intensity put it to use in your own life forget the utopia that is just in books. It's sad but true. You are only here for so long so enjoy the things you can change and forget the ones you can't.

Edited by Hulk1962

lol

It's a free enterprise hobby too. You can dump your AF15s in the market if you feel that uncertain about the future of it.

Just curious, do you live in the UK?

I agree with you Peter G.

I am marking this post and coming back in a few years to take my victory lap

The world will be in absolute pain though so it really won't be much of a victory :(

Hulk1962 can stick his head in the sand

I am AWAKE

lol

It's a free enterprise hobby too. You can dump your AF15s in the market if you feel that uncertain about the future of it.

Just curious, do you live in the UK?

I don't think you peewee22 had any problem moving any high grade AF15's. ;)

The works will be in absolute pain though so it really won't be much of a victory :(

I am AWAKE

Peter you may be right but the downswing will be followed by upswings. Most collectibles are cyclic. Look at BB cards. I had a PSA 7.5 Aaron RC I purchased 2 years ago for 3k. Dumped it for 3k a few months months later (lost interest). Now it's worth 10 to 15k easily. Cards are on fire again.

My college Mythology (yeah took it as an elective course) said something I'll always remember. The world goes in cycles...bell bottom jeans, long hair, etc.

The world will be in absolute pain though so it really won't be much of a victory :(

I am AWAKE

During the last recession in 2009-2010, it was a great time to buy AF15's. If there is a decline on AF15's during the next recession...it will be a mild pullback and will create a great buying opportunity.

The works will be in absolute pain though so it really won't be much of a victory :(

I am AWAKE

Peter you may be right but the downswing will be followed by upswings. Most collectibles are cyclic. Look at BB cards. I had a PSA 7.5 Aaron RC I purchased 2 years ago for 3k. Dumped it for 3k a few months months later (lost interest). Now it's work 10 to 15k easily. Cards are on fire again.

My college Mythology (yeah took it as an elective course) said something I'll always remember. The world goes in cycles...bell bottom jeans, long hair, etc.

This is gonna be a secular bear market. You are confusing this as a cyclical bear market. This one is for the ages.

Hahaha your awake (everyone knows what you are saying most people just don't care anymore about that stuff as they get older....it is a HUGE waste of time and precious energy you will need to work for 35 years) and wasting your time the only political power you have is the same as me you can vote once every 4 years that is it nothing else. You will tell young people the same thing when you are older that they are wasting their time every generation is the same exact thing. Awake to do what tell me....seriously you will do nothing like everyone else one day you will just fall in line and know your place or end up insane or even worse!!

Edited by Hulk1962

I am AWAKE

During the last recession in 2009-2010, it was a great time to buy AF15's. If there is a decline on AF15's during the next recession...it will be a mild pullback and will create a great buying opportunity.

The amazing fantasy 15 is not rare.

I love the book too and the character but if you like Spiderman, go buy some Ditko or ROmita Original art. It's a better investment due to supply constraints.

The amazing fantasy 15 is common

I am AWAKE

Peter you may be right but the downswing will be followed by upswings. Most collectibles are cyclic. Look at BB cards. I had a PSA 7.5 Aaron RC I purchased 2 years ago for 3k. Dumped it for 3k a few months months later (lost interest). Now it's work 10 to 15k easily. Cards are on fire again.

This is gonna be a secular bear market. You are confusing this as a cyclical bear market. This one is for the ages.

Should we cash in our 401k? I'm 55 and mine is way way way up there. What should we do with all the cash? hm

Wow, I thought this might be the one place I could come to avoid the hysteria around Brexit, but no. Seriously, global markets are massively over reacting. 2 days of loses does not imply that we are headed into a bear market, that is ridiculous. Markets will rebound when people realize that corporate profits DONT tank and the stocks are actually undervalued. I am not at all concerned about prices for AF15.

By the way, I am an economics PhD and I work in finance. Which in no way means that I can predict the future better than any other economist, but I do know what I am talking about.

Hahaha your awake and wasting your time the only political power you have is the same as me you can vote once every 4 years that is it nothing else. You will tell young people the same thing when you are older that they are wasting their time every generation is the same exact thing. Awake to do what tell me....seriously you will do nothing like everyone else one day you will just fall in line and know your place or end up insane or even worse!!

You have a talent for having me voraciously agree with 50% of what you write but vehemently disagreeing with the other 50% :)

I am AWAKE

The amazing fantasy 15 is not rare.

I have a decent stash of AF15's..my cost average is decent. If we see a larger than expected decline...I'm still in a good position. Yeah, would love to own some early Spidey art.

I love the book too and the character but if you like Spiderman, go buy some Ditko or ROmita Original art. It's a better investment due to supply constraints.

The amazing fantasy 15 is common