• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I've been flipped

33 posts in this topic

I had a board member do that to me once. I thought it was strange that he kept asking for more and more scans of the books, until they all appeared in his eBay listings for the books just a few weeks later.

I felt a little better when the final prices on eBay were virtually identical to what he paid me for the books.

He sure "upgraded" pretty quickly.

what would possess him to lie about his upgrading like that? why bother to even announce anything? it's slabbed, so just sell it. let people assume you slabbed it yourself

confused-smiley-013.gif

OK I knew it would happen, I sold this book ONE WEEK ago now the new owner is sellling it for 25 dollars more than I got with my no reserve auction. I was just hoping that whoever bought my books would actually want to keep them. linky

Nothing wrong with what he's doing. No one made you sell the book (and with No Reserve). You would be surprised at how many CGC books don't stay in BUYERS hands for very long.

gman once bought a book from me and started advertising it for sale here before I had received his payment, and I still even had the book!! foreheadslap.gif

gman once bought a book from me and started advertising it for sale here before I had received his payment, and I still even had the book!! foreheadslap.gif

Funny that you should mention gman... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I had a board member do that to me once. I thought it was strange that he kept asking for more and more scans of the books, until they all appeared in his eBay listings for the books just a few weeks later.

I felt a little better when the final prices on eBay were virtually identical to what he paid me for the books.

gman? 27_laughing.gif

gman? 27_laughing.gif

thumbsup2.gif