• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canada Post Strike July 2nd 2016 and Delivery Times?

77 posts in this topic

Um, so I just got some books shoved into my 5" x 5" mailbox folded in half. Luckily the seller packaged correctly and they were ok, but I had a tiny heart attack when I saw it.

The books were sandwiched between cardboard like they should be, and so whoever did it had to put some serious effort into bending it.

This is actually not making much sense to me. (shrug)

If the books were packaged properly between thick cardboard, then this would be almost like a parcel and it should have been virtually impossible to fold a parcel in half.

Now, since your mailman is really Superman in his secret identity, and he did fold your parcel in half, then I don't understand how your books could be okay since they must have also been folded in half. hm

o9ib6a.jpg[/img]

25i7n05.jpg[/img]

Books folded with the cardboard. No creases.

I guess I must have misunderstood when you said the seller had packaged the book properly.

All of the books which I have received through the mail always comes inside a packing box with the book protected with thick cardboard, with the interior then insulated with either bubble wrap, packing peanuts, or newspapers.

Actually, it looks like what you received in the mail is what I often also get. The only difference is that this is then inserted inside a packing box and then insulated for further protection.

The few times that I have sent out books have also been done the same way, never as how it shows in your pictures because it would be too easily prone to damage. hm

Nevertheless, you should definitely file a complaint, especially if the sender was astute enough to put a Fragile and a Do Not Bend sticker on the item. (thumbs u

Um, so I just got some books shoved into my 5" x 5" mailbox folded in half. Luckily the seller packaged correctly and they were ok, but I had a tiny heart attack when I saw it.

The books were sandwiched between cardboard like they should be, and so whoever did it had to put some serious effort into bending it.

If the books were packaged properly between thick cardboard, then this would be almost like a parcel and it should have been virtually impossible to fold a parcel in half.

Now, since your mailman is really Superman in his secret identity, and he did fold your parcel in half, then I don't understand how your books could be okay since they must have also been folded in half. hm

o9ib6a.jpg[/img]

25i7n05.jpg[/img]

I guess I must have misunderstood when you said the seller had packaged the book properly.

All of the books which I have received through the mail always comes inside a packing box with the book protected with thick cardboard, with the interior then insulated with either bubble wrap, packing peanuts, or newspapers.

Actually, it looks like what you received in the mail is what I often also get. The only difference is that this is then inserted inside a packing box and then insulated for further protection.

The few times that I have sent out books have also been done the same way, never as how it shows in your pictures because it would be too easily prone to damage. hm

Nevertheless, you should definitely file a complaint, especially if the sender was astute enough to put a Fragile and a Do Not Bend sticker on the item. (thumbs u

Already done. Luckily I live in a small town so the lady who delivered it has already been told about how to properly deliver these packages. I.e. NOT making it fit in the mailbox.

Also, I just realized this was the wrong thread to even post this so, my bad!

Just got the following e-mail:

Update on our Negotiations

To our Canada Post Solutions for Small BusinessTM customers:

Canada Post has issued a 72-hour notice to the Canadian Union of Postal Workers (CUPW-Urban and CUPW-RSMC), which represent our delivery agents and plant employees.

The issuing of the notice does not necessarily mean that Canada Post will not be operating on Friday, July 8, 2016. It allows the Corporation to take measures that are necessary to respond to the changing business reality. It is doing so by changing the terms and conditions of employment for all employees represented by the union starting Friday.

There can be no legal work disruption before 12:01 a.m. on Friday, July 8.

In the event of a full labour disruption, Canada Post will not operate. Mail and parcels will not be delivered, and no new items will be accepted. Any mail and parcels within the postal system during a work disruption will be secured and delivered as quickly as possible once operations resume.

You can find the most up-to-date information about the status of our negotiations with CUPW on canadapost.ca/update.

o9ib6a.jpg[/img]

25i7n05.jpg[/img]

Already done. Luckily I live in a small town so the lady who delivered it has already been told about how to properly deliver these packages. I.e. NOT making it fit in the mailbox.

Also, I just realized this was the wrong thread to even post this so, my bad!

addtext_com_MTIzODM4MzEyNjI2_zpsl0apywsx.jpg

From the mail persons I have talked to and when when I asked them if they where striking they made it very clear it wasn't a strike and it was a lockout.

:tonofbricks:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockout_(industry)

Some good news. The latest is that with some Federal prodding both sides are back to negotiation. Canada Post has lifted the threat of a lock out and reports are that a 30 day truce is in place to allow negotiations to continue. For anyone with pending shipping to or from this looks like the window of opportunity.

Some good news. The latest is that with some Federal prodding both sides are back to negotiation. Canada Post has lifted the threat of a lock out and reports are that a 30 day truce is in place to allow negotiations to continue. For anyone with pending shipping to or from this looks like the window of opportunity.

I just hope the union keeps their word and accepts this 30 day truce.

That is very good news :wishluck:

I just hope the union keeps their word and accepts this 30 day truce.

Well... yes and no. I have a friend who is a employee in the union. What he told me is that CP did offer 30 days truce but also wants have a negotiator in between CP and union. Without consent first. CP just plow in with this.

Union still have their vote of strike on stand by when they deem is necessary. So, it's a matter of how long it will last in truce.

Mail to continue to be delivered tomorrow....they better get this settled soon all this back and forth is insane. Makes it hard to order anything from the U.S at a low shipping cost.

I'm going for it. Gonna order from two locations tonight and hope for the best!

I've had some American buyers purchase from me last week on eBay, and I'm relieved this means things should get thru ...