• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Long Summer Sales Thread

791 posts in this topic

Hmmmm...good question! I've been trying to puzzle out an answer, but have come up with nothing! What does the Atom Bomb and the movie Jaws have in common???

--FYI---I think you're the first person to recognize my avatar! Such an awesome character in Jaws, but I couldn't make the pic any bigger due to the Board's constraint on pixels....

"Farewell and and adieu to you fair Spanish ladies....." HA!

All tell you tomorrow I have to give you some to look it up.

Quinn was drunk a lot of the filming, but he nailed some scenes that adults my age have never forgot.

Was Robert Shaw plastered while filming??? I had no idea. That's awesome trivia in itself!

He does such an amazing job....the viewer would think he was a true "salty dog".....

Hmmmm.....it seems I picked a fine combo of Robert Shaw....aka "Quint" AND Jim Lahey!!

Shaw was drunk all the time in the film. By then he was quite the alcoholic and he didn't live too many years after that from memory.

Dreyfus was a skirt chaser and Speilberg almost went nuts because they shark never worked right. They tested in fresh water and the salt water created all types of issues for it.

This movie scared the hell out of me and still does. When I play this music at Halloween out the yard in speakers you can tell who is my age. They look around when they hear it.

Shaw was drunk all the time in the film. By then he was quite the alcoholic and he didn't live too many years after that from memory.

Dreyfus was a skirt chaser and Speilberg almost went nuts because they shark never worked right. They tested in fresh water and the salt water created all types of issues for it.

This movie scared the hell out of me and still does. When I play this music at Halloween out the yard in speakers you can tell who is my age. They look around when they hear it.

Such good trivia---thanks for sharing! It makes total sense in hindsight about Shaw as you never really saw him after that. He must have been friends with Peter Benchly as he was also in "The Deep"!

I've heard non-flattering things about Dreyfus quite a few times....and the issue with Jaws itself working well is known news I thinks.....but Shaw being that bad, I had no idea. Sad really, but I still love that character in Jaws.....one of my cinema faves!

I use the movie music from "Halloween" as my ringtone and when people hear it, they turn around....fast! HA!

Wolverine Origins 17 with Cap - $1 NM-

:takeit:

You wouldn't happen to have 11-15 of this series would you? I love Cyber

If you are getting 17 you might as well get the rest if you don't have them. Its a WWII story with Wolverine, Bucky and Captain America.

Yeah give me 16 and a 18 then, please

These are my last 4 Zombie Tramps 1 I have looked all over the place.

No more PMs or asking this is it. Again these are just slightly under the grade of the last bunch. I may be too hard on them but better safe then sorry.

Zombie Tramp 1 1st Print Copy N - NM 9.4 - $9.50

Zombie Tramp 1 1st Print Copy O - NM/NM+ 9.4/9.6 - $10.00 SOLD

Zombie Tramp 1 1st Print Copy P - NM/NM+ 9.4/9.6- $10.00 SOLD

Zombie Tramp 1 1st Print Copy Q - NM+ 9.6 - $12.50 SOLD

hORRm10m.jpg44EpSvTm.jpgvjNj5Qlm.jpgIqPzcaXm.jpg

Take copy N

I'll take asm 424 newsstand

Wolverine Origins 17 with Cap - $1 NM-

:takeit:

You wouldn't happen to have 11-15 of this series would you? I love Cyber

If you are getting 17 you might as well get the rest if you don't have them. Its a WWII story with Wolverine, Bucky and Captain America.

Yeah give me 16 and a 18 & 19 then, please

Gotcha there was a misprint I had a 19 as well so I added it.

:applause:

These are my last 4 Zombie Tramps 1 I have looked all over the place.

No more PMs or asking this is it. Again these are just slightly under the grade of the last bunch. I may be too hard on them but better safe then sorry.

Zombie Tramp 1 1st Print Copy N - NM 9.4 - $9.50

Zombie Tramp 1 1st Print Copy O - NM/NM+ 9.4/9.6 - $10.00 SOLD

Zombie Tramp 1 1st Print Copy P - NM/NM+ 9.4/9.6- $10.00 SOLD

Zombie Tramp 1 1st Print Copy Q - NM+ 9.6 - $12.50 SOLD

hORRm10m.jpg44EpSvTm.jpgvjNj5Qlm.jpgIqPzcaXm.jpg

Take copy N

Added Sir

The last set of books is coming up in this thread.

I will leave it open till tomorrow morning then close it.

I will start sending out invoices Tues morning. Shipping

goes out by 1st payments. (Unless you have a large order which

will take me a few days to ship.)

From what I can read in Canada they have extended the deadline for

Postal service in Canada for another 30 days.

Apparently they are doing this because their business has dropped off significantly in the last month.