• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-MEN #101 Can someone tell me...

16 posts in this topic

Well, that book looks like it might get a 9.4, besides the BLC it looks nice. Still that price is nutty, I'm on GPA hiatus till I start prepping for Chicago - what is the 12 month average for this thing in 9.4?

I'd also be wary of the bidding - changed user Id, and obvious punishment bidding, could be shilling by friends. Bottom line that book is not worth $450.

without looking at the link, is that "theressomethingaboutselling?"

either that, or there is a TON of that carpet out there

You probably already know this, but the book is selling high right now because of the rumors of Phoenix resurfacing in X-Men 3. GPA shows slabbed 9.4s have been going for around $500. That raw one is way overpriced.

Why this book is selling for so much?! Obviously not a 9.4, LLC has a ding & torn.

It may not be obvious to the bidders... and there is always the chance bidders are driving it up in hopes that it may **really** be a 9.6.

insane.gif

Why this book is selling for so much?! Obviously not a 9.4, LLC has a ding & torn.

It may not be obvious to the bidders... and there is always the chance bidders are driving it up in hopes that it may **really** be a 9.6.

insane.gif

That spine tear looks factory to me.... gossip.gif

Yea...but is that a pizza crumb just right of Cyclop's head.....

..........What might be underneath??? 893whatthe.gif

893whatthe.gif

I didn't even realize the book was laying on the carpet. crazy.gifscrewy.gif

What did you think they were layin on??? Hell for all we know his Great Dane could've just wiped out on this comic after he took the picture! insane.gif

You probably already know this, but the book is selling high right now because of the rumors of Phoenix resurfacing in X-Men 3. GPA shows slabbed 9.4s have been going for around $500. That raw one is way overpriced.

Hell I did'nt know that,have'nt bought an X-Men book for 13 years.....How many X-titles are there now 50 confused-smiley-013.gif.....What's the exact name of the book your referring to can't find it.. popcorn.gif

I was shopping for 101 and ended up settling on a fine copy. All the ones that claimed to vf/nm or better were selling for what I thought were outrageous prices even ones with no CGC confirmation of the condition... too much risk for me to spend that kind of money on a book that has so many sales and then have no guarentee it's the condition advertised

If there isn't any retouching and the back is ok, there is a good chance for a 9.4 or better. I do believe it is a bindery tear on the lower left.

Case in point:

purchased this on ebay advertised as vf/nm...

x101frontsm.jpg

As you can see, both right corners have flaws, which makes the one listed at the top a better looking copy.

Here is the grade I got from CGC....

1xmen101sm.jpg