• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CAF site integrity

10 posts in this topic

CAF's policy is if you don't own the art it shouldn't be in your gallery. The only exception to this is if you are the artist and have it there to show as a portfolio.

Do plenty of people have stuff in their CAF gallery that they don't own? Sure.

Is it annoying? Absolutely.

CAF maintains their own integrity and it is up to all of the adults on CAF to maintain their own integrity. Some do it better than others and some not at all.

I actually think it is impossible for Bill to try and do that level of policing on his site.

Not only impossible but there is no reason why he should have to. I have a piece in my collection that is currently in 3 galleries on CAF. I don't see who that hurts, especially since the upload date is in each post.

Its more of an issue with the dealers that have pieces as listed for sale that they sold years ago.

It's also collectors who've sold off stuff and still have the image on their gallery, too. If they want to keep it as a momento, I can understand that, just make the gallery it is in inactive. Then only they will be able to see it.

Doesn't seem that is much to ask or very difficult to do.

Its more of an issue with the dealers that have pieces as listed for sale that they sold years ago.
Then wouldn't that be the dealer's responsibility, not CAF's? If the dealer paid money to CAF for the ad space or premium membership (which many of them do), what is CAF supposed to do? They have to make money however they can to maintain the site and I don't see how or why anyone would/could possibly check each dealer's inventory to make sure it's current on a regular basis.

Seems like a silly bone to pick with CAF considering all they provide FOR FREE. I think your issue would be better aimed at the individual dealers, not CAF.

Most art collectors who purchase a piece and own it, if it's an issue to them, simply contact the CAF member and ask them to correct their post, either with a "sold" status, a comment update or more ideally remove the image from their gallery. Most members would comply since they don't really care that much, but it's all in the approach and communication, so don't "tell" as in being demanding and a . Use common sense, be professional, friendly and cordial in a "request" since you're in no position to make demands other than looking like an A55.

If it's not your piece and you know it sold, but you don't own it, I think 'tho your intentions may be admirable to help clean up the site, you'll probably come across as a busybody and told or given a M.Y.D.B. response.

Does the CAF sight try to maintain anytime of integrity? There are numerous sellers on the site that have had art listed for sale that sold years ago.

Maybe its just me but its extremely annoying.

Send them an email asking to buy it...everyday.