• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

American Vampire

14 posts in this topic

Is this series over? I know there are 11 issues of the "Second Cycle", did the series end there? I've been unable to find any information from either creator about this series' future. I read the first series, most of the spin-offs and the first arc of second cycle, but it's release became very erratic with no press on the title at all. Does anyone know a definite status? This was a book I really enjoyed and Snyder previously said it was his favorite project, so I'm surprised to see it fall by the wayside.

There was a 5 issue "Survival of the Fittest" in 2011. Also, 5 issue "Lord of Nightmares" in 2012. Lastly, "Long Road to Hell" in 2013.

But good question! Second Cycle was 2014-2015, so anything else in the works??

There was a 5 issue "Survival of the Fittest" in 2011. Also, 5 issue "Lord of Nightmares" in 2012. Lastly, "Long Road to Hell" in 2013.

But good question! Second Cycle was 2014-2015, so anything else in the works??

There is a 2nd Anthology coming in July. I suppose I am hoping for a continuation of the ongoing. However the Rafael seems to have TWO other ongoing books to work on as of now. I can't imagine that's a good sign.

Let's keep this thread alive!

Just added this early page from American Vampire. It comes from the Stephen King written and Scott Snyder plotted story of Skinner Sweet's origin. Great use of ink wash by Rafael Albuquerque and helps capture the carnage on the page.

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1382657

mathew

I absolutely loved this book, particularly for the art. At this point though I'm completely off it. There's no reason for a book with reasonable sales numbers and a major publisher backing it not to ship with any regularity. It's a shame.

This was such a great series. Wasn't there talk of a possible movie or TV series a few years ago? This story would be much better than a lot of the schlock Hollywood has been putting out. Maybe people are just tired of vampires with zombies being all the rage lately?