• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sydney Australia - Comic Art

8 posts in this topic

This is Australia we are talking about.. the one down near New Zealand ??

There are a few collectors but I have never seen a page for sale here on Ebay.

If heading out west I personally recommend the Phantom Zone, Ice is the man there and Ice and Pia both collect art, so would be good for a chat.

http://www.phantomzone.com.au/

if you can't get out to Parra then this is the best option in the city

http://www.kingscomics.com/

have fun

You won't find much OA in Melbourne stores.

If you're in Melbourne, there are a few stores in the CBD/City all within 10-15 minutes walk of each other.

All Star Comics (Eisner award winner for best store!...Mostly moderns)

Classic Comics

Comics R Us

A Google will help you find them.

In Sydney, Comic Kingdom used to have OA but a) they have a bad rep for customer service and b) they have closed down. I am still kicking myself for not buying out all the George Tuska BA pages they had for 60 AUD a pop back in 2008/9?? And that beater 0.5 copy of FF #1 for 200AUD.

Who bought them? Fess up!

In Sydney, Comic Kingdom used to have OA but a) they have a bad rep for customer service and b) they have closed down. I am still kicking myself for not buying out all the George Tuska BA pages they had for 60 AUD a pop back in 2008/9?? And that beater 0.5 copy of FF #1 for 200AUD.

I still remember walking into Steve's shop in around 1981. First comic shop I had ever seen. Lapsed back in 1970,

Saw ASM 41 on the wall in G/VG for $40. I was amazed. I wanted it. Next week I stumbled across Roger Morrison's shop in Mortdale. Think I bought that ASM 41 VG/F for less than $3.

Steve had a simple pricing policy. Guide NM price x 2, no matter the condition. Only game in town until Richard sprung his shop.

By compassion I bought 3 Miller Wolverine #1 for $1.00, from Richard plus other hot issues for $1.

Steve had some great stuff, but even if you were willing to pay until it hurt, he just could not be bothered to find them. Why sell, now if you don't need to. Next year if he needed to he could sell for more.

thank god for the internet

Running a comic business here was very hard back in the 80s.