• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Too good to be true..and yet

28 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32739&item=6523412656&rd=1

Found this on Ebay, the comics look to be in 4-5.0 condition I think, still an Amazing fantasy 15 in that grade is a nice find.

Then the seller has zero feedback, yet he will let the winner pick the books up in person and pay with cash.

Makes you wonder if it is indeed legit.

Artboy99

PS my apologies in advance to anyone that was watching this auction and hoping to steal the books.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32739&item=6523412656&rd=1

Found this on Ebay, the comics look to be in 4-5.0 condition I think, still an Amazing fantasy 15 in that grade is a nice find.

Then the seller has zero feedback

Zero feedback? What're you talkin' about? The guy's sold other comics of a similar vintage...for a grand total of $10 27_laughing.gif

Given that the auction also includes Hulk # 2 and JIM 83, the seller is either ignorant or a total scammer. I'm leaning toward scam. Then again, anyone from Nekoosa, WI, can't be all bad - unless they made up the name of the town too? insane.gif

Then the seller has zero feedback, yet he will let the winner pick the books up in person and pay with cash.

Artboy99

PS my apologies in advance to anyone that was watching this auction and hoping to steal the books.

893scratchchin-thumb.gifm, interesting... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif specially for those who are nearby wink.gif

Artboy99

I've been emailing with the guy and I think he's full of [#@$%!!!].

Artboy99

893whatthe.gif Because?

Oh yeah, check his recently added FB.......

Artboy99

893whatthe.gif Because?

How come his pictures of the high dollar books don't match the style of pictures on the low dollar books? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Artboy99

893whatthe.gif Because?

How come his pictures of the high dollar books don't match the style of pictures on the low dollar books? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

matches? we don' need no steenkin' matches! uh...except for this one? confused-smiley-013.gif

Artboy99

893whatthe.gif Because?

matches? we don' need no steenkin' matches! uh...except for this one? confused-smiley-013.gif

OK, I'm convinced. Bid away!!! screwy.gif

Artboy99

893whatthe.gif Because?

after you, counselor. i'm sure 800 bucks or whatever the price is at now would be well within your monthly comic budget. sadly, mine is cut off rather far south of there

Artboy99

893whatthe.gif Because?

after you, counselor. i'm sure 800 bucks or whatever the price is at now would be well within your monthly comic budget. sadly, mine is cut off rather far south of there

If I thought there was a chance in hell that the auction were legitimate, I'd bid and fly out there to pick up the books in person if I won. After emailing with the guy and reading his BS excuses for why the books aren't CGC graded, I wouldn't risk a nickel on them. Maybe I'm wrong, but there are some big red flags here.

If I thought there was a chance in hell that the auction were legitimate, I'd bid and fly out there to pick up the books in person if I won. After emailing with the guy and reading his BS excuses for why the books aren't CGC graded, I wouldn't risk a nickel on them. Maybe I'm wrong, but there are some big red flags here.

why am i getting the impression that you're taking this discussion a lot more seriously than I?

caveat emptor. followed closely by something PT Barnum once said, the particulars of which escape me for the moment

why am i getting the impression that you're taking this discussion a lot more seriously than I?

I dunno. Maybe you need to refill the Xanax prescription? confused.gifpoke2.gif27_laughing.gif

I dunno. Maybe you need to refill the Xanax prescription? confused.gifpoke2.gif27_laughing.gif

arrr....i takes them six at a time, i do...with a couple fingers o' tennessee sipping whiskey

arrr....i takes them six at a time, i do...with a couple fingers o' tennessee sipping whiskey

GO FOR SEVEN!!!! yay.gif

GO FOR SEVEN!!!! yay.gif

the literature says i should be okay up to twelve, so i guess i'll go take six more

GO FOR SEVEN!!!! yay.gif

the literature says i should be okay up to twelve, so i guess i'll go take six more

When you do that, take some for me too, ok? I feel like I could use a good dose myself.

Do tell.....Inquiring minds want to know! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I asked him why he didn't get the book CGC graded. He said he didn't have the time to do it. I flat out told him that if he got the AF 15 graded by CGC, he could sell it for $15K within a few days of listing on ComicLink. I also told him that if he sold the book to a large dealer, he could make at least $10K if they could inspect the book. His response? "Oh well, I'll still make more than ten times what I paid for the books this way." (The bidding was currently at under $800 when he said it.)

yeahok.gif

He also gave me the "My wife is ill and I need to buy a wheelchair and hospital bed for the house and also care for our 14 month old daughter." yeahok.gifyeahok.gifyeahok.gifyeahok.gif

HELLO?????? Like an extra $20K+ from the sale of those books in CGC blue slabs wouldn't come in AWFULLY HANDY?

I asked him why he didn't get the book CGC graded. He said he didn't have the time to do it. I flat out told him that if he got the AF 15 graded by CGC, he could sell it for $15K within a few days of listing on ComicLink. I also told him that if he sold the book to a large dealer, he could make at least $10K if they could inspect the book. His response? "Oh well, I'll still make more than ten times what I paid for the books this way." (The bidding was currently at under $800 when he said it.)

yeahok.gif

He also gave me the "My wife is ill and I need to buy a wheelchair and hospital bed for the house and also care for our 14 month old daughter." yeahok.gifyeahok.gifyeahok.gifyeahok.gif

HELLO?????? Like an extra $20K+ from the sale of those books in CGC blue slabs wouldn't come in AWFULLY HANDY?

What a maroon! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gifforeheadslap.gif

I haven't seen this posted yet, but I'm guessing this is EXACTLY what he is wanting potential bidders to think. It's most likely just a smoke screen. The guy lives in Wisconsin, but ships worldwide. The odds that the winner will be close enough to drive to see the book, or want to spend the cash for a plane trip, are probably pretty slim. And if the winner does want to see it in person, all he has to do is ignore them, eat the negative on his low feedback account, and try again later.