• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Too good to be true..and yet

28 posts in this topic

Then the seller has zero feedback, yet he will let the winner pick the books up in person and pay with cash.

Makes you wonder if it is indeed legit.

I haven't seen this posted yet, but I'm guessing this is EXACTLY what he is wanting potential bidders to think. It's most likely just a smoke screen. The guy lives in Wisconsin, but ships worldwide. The odds that the winner will be close enough to drive to see the book, or want to spend the cash for a plane trip, are probably pretty slim. And if the winner does want to see it in person, all he has to do is ignore them, eat the negative on his low feedback account, and try again later.

alas - probably very true........... frown.gif

still, not everyone understands the market, hobby, true values, etc. what if this is a legit, albeit overgraded, auction???

Snooty, i think it's time for you to step up to the plate and take a chance here. let us know how this all turns out.............. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

still, not everyone understands the market, hobby, true values, etc. what if this is a legit, albeit overgraded, auction???

With one red flag raised it might be worth finding out more. But this one seems to have several red flags surrounding it. Low feedback. A couple of the most expensive (one of them being a scammer favorite) silver age books for sale. His flimsy excuses to FFB when he appears to know what CGC is but doesn't "have the time" to mess with them for several thousand extra bucks.

Snooty, i think it's time for you to step up to the plate and take a chance here. let us know how this all turns out.............. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I'M ON IT!!!

I'll use my Bugaboo MajorKhaos Snooty Possum ebay account, win the book, and buy a plane ticket. Stay tuned for an update. thumbsup2.gif