• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nobody is complaining about the case? Does everything seem good now?

160 posts in this topic

We got our first batch of books back today. Moderns. They look fine to me.

Do the new new cases still have the newton rings?

I only got a few books back but from what I could see the Newton Ring effect is more like the pre Apri 4 case than the April 4- Jun 24 case.

Screw you, roy
:cloud9:

The sexual tension is PALPABLE.

*Cough! Cough!* Did I miss something?

My reholders are still out but I received two newly graded books and I'm very happy with the new cases. Sturdier and clear, yes there are some Newton rings but not nearly as bad as before and not along the entire edges. GI Joe is for sale in the modern thread (Batman sketch belongs to a friend).

D3D7DB40-0FF1-4491-872F-D26C922C73EE_zps2tfxw6iy.jpg

39F0B13D-3AF2-45FD-A926-D2685C19C0E5_zpsoekwesmi.jpg

6BD4BEAD-6050-47EF-909F-840CAB4A15F5_zpsejyzcphe.jpg

I mailed out an older 2nd gen slab this morning.

As I was packing it, I noticed....

Newton Rings...

and I smiled.

I re-holdered 4 books, I am relieved, think they turned out fine:

290646-001HQ-2.jpg

290646-002HQ-1.jpg

290646-003HQ-1.jpg

290646-004HQ-1.jpg

Those books were graded (or reholdered) May 5th.

That's likely why they used the old cases. They still had them back then.

I just got 5 books . some had "tabs", some didn't. I think they are the new holders, but how do you tell?

The post April 4 holders are easy to tell when you have them in hand. They have no taped label on the top and look entirely different (including updated label).

The difference between the April 4 holder and the final revision after June 24 is that the latest version has the old 'inner holder' inside and the book is not held in by pressure...and you can see the ledge that the book sits on (one below the book and one above it).

Also, probably a lack of Newton Rings. ;)

From a Heritage Comics and Animation News e-mail today:

CGC introduced a redesign of its holder in April 2016. Over the three months this holder was in production, it became apparent some comics encapsulated in this hew holder exhibited an unnatural wavy appearance.

CGC announced on June 24 they were modifying the holder to incorporate the inner well design which had been used prior to April 16, combined with the new improved outer casing. All comics CGC is currently shipping out incorporate the inner well.

In addition, CGC has also let us know that if you have noticed any unnatural waviness in an April-June 2016 holder as detailed above, they will cover all expenses associated with having your comic re-holdered should you choose to do so. This would include shipping, return shipping, insurance both ways, and the holder itself. You can contact them directly at 1-877-662-6642 or customerservice@cgccomics.com.

A note to our consignors: Heritage is reviewing any comics consigned to our auctions that are in the April-June 2016 holder (the version with no inner well). Any of these that show waviness have been, or are currently being, sent to CGC for re-holder.

:facepalm:

For the millionth time, it's not the "appearance" of waves. They were actual waves in the mylar. Waves that were damaging books. Not appearing to damage books.

From a Heritage Comics and Animation News e-mail today:

CGC introduced a redesign of its holder in April 2016. Over the three months this holder was in production, it became apparent some comics encapsulated in this hew holder exhibited an unnatural wavy appearance.

CGC announced on June 24 they were modifying the holder to incorporate the inner well design which had been used prior to April 16, combined with the new improved outer casing. All comics CGC is currently shipping out incorporate the inner well.

In addition, CGC has also let us know that if you have noticed any unnatural waviness in an April-June 2016 holder as detailed above, they will cover all expenses associated with having your comic re-holdered should you choose to do so. This would include shipping, return shipping, insurance both ways, and the holder itself. You can contact them directly at 1-877-662-6642 or customerservice@cgccomics.com.

A note to our consignors: Heritage is reviewing any comics consigned to our auctions that are in the April-June 2016 holder (the version with no inner well). Any of these that show waviness have been, or are currently being, sent to CGC for re-holder.

:facepalm:

For the millionth time, it's not the "appearance" of waves. They were actual waves in the mylar. Waves that were damaging books. Not appearing to damage books.

Hey, are you trying to be a troublemaker here and get this whole thread poofed on us once again. (tsk)lol

I re-holdered 4 books, I am relieved, think they turned out fine:

290646-001HQ-2.jpg

290646-002HQ-1.jpg

290646-003HQ-1.jpg

290646-004HQ-1.jpg

Those books were graded (or reholdered) May 5th.

That's likely why they used the old cases. They still had them back then.

Roy;

Since you are a large submittor to CGC, have you received back any of your GA books in the newest modified good case holder (with the inner well) back from CGC that you can share with us?

From your point of view, does it look like that Action 1 from one of the above posts in is the new holder from CGC because it is not that apparent to me that it is? ???

Roy;

Since you are a large submittor to CGC, have you received back any of your GA books in the newest modified good case holder (with the inner well) back from CGC that you can share with us?

From your point of view, does it look like that Action 1 from one of the above posts in is the new holder from CGC because it is not that apparent to me that it is? ???

I haven't submitted much GA lately so I don't have any in the new cases yet.

The Action #1 is in the new holder and is using the old style inner well, just like the June 24 modification announced.

I should have a few GA books back soon but none of them are the large format ones. They're later GA and sized similar to SA and BA books.

I just got 5 books . some had "tabs", some didn't. I think they are the new holders, but how do you tell?

The post April 4 holders are easy to tell when you have them in hand. They have no taped label on the top and look entirely different (including updated label).

The difference between the April 4 holder and the final revision after June 24 is that the latest version has the old 'inner holder' inside and the book is not held in by pressure...and you can see the ledge that the book sits on (one below the book and one above it).

Also, probably a lack of Newton Rings. ;)

I have never seen the in-between new one in person, I knew about the label.

So are these definitely the newest ones?

Someone wanted to see a GA book, so I figured I'd scan one.

police%203.jpeg

police%203b.jpeg

I have never seen the in-between new one in person, I knew about the label.

So are these definitely the newest ones?

Someone wanted to see a GA book, so I figured I'd scan one.

police%203.jpeg

police%203b.jpeg

That's the new new holder. You can see the notches of the inner well. And the wedges on the back cover are a tell tale sign too. (Though I don't know if all the new new holders will have the wedges.)

Some more recent books have the wells without the notches. And those can be trickier to spot depending on the scans or photos.

Greatly appreciate your scan of the Police Comics #3. (thumbs u

That copy certainly presents a lot nicer than its cover scan appearance. Are those possible rusty staples and is that why the book is only grading out as a 3.0 copy, or is there something else that we cannot see from your cover scan? hm

Greatly appreciate your scan of the Police Comics #3. (thumbs u

That copy certainly presents a lot nicer than its cover scan appearance. Are those possible rusty staples and is that why the book is only grading out as a 3.0 copy, or is there something else that we cannot see from your cover scan? hm

The cover is detached, I was more than happy with the grade, but thanks (I think;)

Thanks, Barton...a few of the books have those plastic "flaps", a few do not. Some have one on the side, some on the bottom. What bothers me is that the bottom one on this book looks uneven...and I'm not a high grade collector, so if it bothers me, I'd imagine it would drive someone really picky crazy.