• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man 319 pg 5 - Todd McFarlane - CLOSED

40 posts in this topic

So the 2 highest bidders have a feedback score of 6 and 13.. I have never sold anything on eBay let alone something this much..: but is there a risk selling on eBay?

I was reading some forums and some people say that seller protection is a bunch of BS... And rarely protects the seller.. Thoughts??

So the 2 highest bidders have a feedback score of 6 and 13.. I have never sold anything on eBay let alone something this much..: but is there a risk selling on eBay?

I was reading some forums and some people say that seller protection is a bunch of BS... Any rarely protects the seller.. Thoughts??

Great question. I am more of a buyer and I am also curious about selling high priced items via eBay

I've only sold cheap stuff, but don't ship until the check clears?

what are you worried about, sending it then them asking for a refund & not getting it back?

I've only sold cheap stuff, but don't ship until the check clears?

what are you worried about, sending it then them asking for a refund & not getting it back?

Yup.. Along those lines where a stupid excuse like "it smells like smoke" and returns it but sends back something else? A photo copy of it maybe? I just have read that sellers rarely get protected.. But then again I am not selling electronics..

I think the highest price item i've sold on ebay has been around 4k.

If you are worried, use your phone and take a video of you packing the item with the shipping label.

That way if something comes back awry you can "go to the video tape"

do you have collect insure?

they also cover anything being shipped out via sale. And if the person says it was damaged in transit they'll get a nice legal form to fill out, and they can be sued if they lie about the item's damage / never getting to them.

Always make sure to use a service that has full door to door tracking (USPS Priority, or 1st class international) and signature.

You need to take the steps to protect yourself because Ebay is not going to.

Take a look at who provided feedback (maybe a boardie or two) and inquire.

eBay ID of the top bidder is us2014_asuc .. Been around for 2 years but only recently started buying stuff?? Hmmm..

Could mean he rarely buys things, and is very selective. Can you see their history to see what other items they've bought, or sold to see if its in the same wheelhouse as OA?

The worse case scenario is that it was an old inactive account that got hacked, and is now being used to scam people.

To protect yourself do what others have mentioned videotape, and take photos of the item, and you packing it, and if it is returned open it in front of the postal person that delivered it while videotaping it also so you have proof, and a witness for when you call Ebay.

Take a look at who provided feedback (maybe a boardie or two) and inquire.

eBay ID of the top bidder is us2014_asuc .. Been around for 2 years but only recently started buying stuff?? Hmmm..

You're not going to get anywhere trying to analyze a buyer that way. I've sold many, many items to every type of buyer and there's no real correlation between feedback number/time since join date and their respectability.

Basically, there's a really low probability that you're going to get screwed when you sell on ebay. It can happen but it probably won't and you need to make sure you CYA in every way possible on a high dollar item like this. Signature confirmation, insurance, great packing job. I ship USPS Express Mail - say what you will about the post office, but they typically don't eff around with the Express packages.

There are a few scams you can't really protect against (i.e. stolen credit card or charge back through PayPal). That's just the minimal risk you take selling by mail.

I agree with Solar. There are thieves, regardless of the venue, and eBay provides little seller protection but the risk is small. You might contact eBay directly for suggestions prior to the end of the auction.

But...you have over a full day to go. Today's bidders may well be left in the dust once the gavelsnipe crowd jumps in. In fact, if they're bidding now, they probably won't be placing a last second snipe.

Pete, Deadpool Jr, Solar and Hal..thank you for all your comments and feedback..the current high bidder does have higher feed back so I am hoping the ones with lower feedback don't come back..

I really don't like the idea of having to make a video when sending via fed ex but seems I may resort to that if that in fact provides protection.

I am sending via fed ex express to make sure it gets there safely as possible.. I have never had problems dealing with anyone outside eBay but this first eBay selling transaction at a high number definitely has given me some jitters..

Fingers crossed...

Ricky