• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are you a gambling person?

12 posts in this topic

So I have some 9.6 slabs that looks 9.8. Can't seem to find any flaws. Don't know if I should roll the dice and crack it open and get it pressed and resubmit it.

I once rolled a dice on a ASM 300 9.6 and got it pressed by Hero Restoration and it came back a 9.8 :D

I have some books that clearly has flaws but it came 9.8 but confused on 9.6 criteria.

Any insights from you guys be helpful.

You can do the math to see if it makes sense...

For example - if you have a $500 comic that would be $1000, and you feel it's a 50% chance that it would get there, then your cost of CPR should be $250 or less for breakeven.

So I have some 9.6 slabs that looks 9.8. Can't seem to find any flaws. Don't know if I should roll the dice and crack it open and get it pressed and resubmit it.

I once rolled a dice on a ASM 300 9.6 and got it pressed by Hero Restoration and it came back a 9.8 :D

I have some books that clearly has flaws but it came 9.8 but confused on 9.6 criteria.

Is this for selling purposes? If you have 25 9.6/9.8 contenders you can do a pre-screening for 9.8 and it will only cost you $5 per book for the ones that fail the test. Of course all of this takes time when you could have sold the 9.6 and used the money elsewhere.

Is this for selling purposes? If you have 25 9.6/9.8 contenders you can do a pre-screening for 9.8 and it will only cost you $5 per book for the ones that fail the test. Of course all of this takes time when you could have sold the 9.6 and used the money elsewhere.

My thoughts exactly but the other devil sitting on my shoulder telling me to roll the dice :(

My thoughts exactly but the other devil sitting on my shoulder telling me to roll the dice :(

do some math and percentages

I have a 9.4 WWBN#32 that I am convinced is at least a 9.6. I'm not sure I know how it got 9.4.

Anyways, I've considered it several times.

I've done this a couple times and every time I've found a defect that I missed when looking at it thru the slab. The worst was a Harbinger 1 which looked perfect in the slab and when I busted it out I found out the top staple had partially punched thru the cover and it had a small split. I'm sure CGC makes mistakes but more often then not they saw something that you are missing that justifies the grade.