• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to build a great little comics-only con? Suggestions wanted.

54 posts in this topic

There are always people on the boards who say they just want comics or they want an old-fashioned show that is comics-dominated.

1) Con website accepts wantlists so that we can pass requests on to dealers ahead of time and then get back to the collector with the name and booth number of the vendor who has some of those comics or that type of material. This is an attempt to avoid the "I have a box of those but it's back at the shop/warehouse/house and I didn't bring it." Which happens all the time. In effect this allows the organized collector a chance to shop through the entire inventories of the dealer base instead of dealers just bringing what sells best.

That would be a good idea to create a section in a con website to have want lists by collectors. I had that happened on me as a vendor. I will pass that suggestion to the director of our local con show, and see what happens.

And on the free comics as giveaways. Great idea as many kids love them (and some big kids!). In fact, my sidekick and me are already starting to pile up a batch of reader comics for our next con show.

Hmm... Pokemon GO monsters in the con show? Be funny to watch players wander with their cellphones. I hope they will buy a key comic if they wanna "catch" a prize! lol

That would be a good idea to create a section in a con website to have want lists by collectors. I had that happened on me as a vendor. I will pass that suggestion to the director of our local con show, and see what happens.

Let me know what he says. I think it's one of my best ideas. I don't think most organizers really care or want to put any effort in, the way I do on this issue. But what you say, about just having a section on the site so it's up to the dealers to look and the lists just get posted--I could see that happening.

My suggestion, of course, is to have comic rack rentals for first-time or part-time sellers. (thumbs u

I think it is essential that a ton of new sellers have racks - bigger the better.

My friend Jesse does this at the Gen City show in Dayton OH.

If you show up at the show with a collection to sell he lets you in for free.

My friend Jesse does this at the Gen City show in Dayton OH.

If you show up at the show with a collection to sell he lets you in for free.

Had one of my best buying Cons at Gen City a couple years ago. Now I know why