• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men 50...Please give me your opinions.

14 posts in this topic

just got this in today. Pretty lucky purchase, as scans were minute, and i paid just under OSPG in the grade i suspect it is in. pages are OWW, no interior defects. There is a slight NCB crease of sorts in the BLFC that the scan has picked up and made to look worse than it is...i apologise for the colours, it's late and i used my wife's crappy scanner without changing any default settings.

xmen50front5jd.jpg

xmen50back5th.jpg

God bless ImageShack.com...

Thank you in advance.

Looks like a classic VF-NM 9.0.

thumbsup2.gif

Unless some some of that miscoloring is foxing...

That might drop it a notch.

8.0 looks about right.

yup - based on those being creases in the LLC FC, i'd say 7.5 - 8.0. the problem is that CGC would hammer the book for non-color breaking creases........ frown.gif

did i mention that i absolutely adore that cover?!?!?!? cloud9.gif

thanks for all your input. i would concur with the 8.0...which means i paid somewhat below OSPG, but not a large amount below. the crease that goes through Iceman's hand isn't colour breaking, but i suspect a reflection of the scanner light. there's a large amount of gloss on the book...

in all honesty, this was a textbook case of how not to buy on eBay. small scan, up against another committed buyer - price went up 50% in the last hour of the auction - no grade given...i bought with my heart and not my head, but i am glad i did. lucky, lucky, lucky

thanks for all your input. i would concur with the 8.0...which means i paid somewhat below OSPG, but not a large amount below. the crease that goes through Iceman's hand isn't colour breaking, but i suspect a reflection of the scanner light. there's a large amount of gloss on the book...

in all honesty, this was a textbook case of how not to buy on eBay. small scan, up against another committed buyer - price went up 50% in the last hour of the auction - no grade given...i bought with my heart and not my head, but i am glad i did. lucky, lucky, lucky

Sal,

Nice book, One of my favs! thumbsup2.gif

But that crease goes all the way through the book - how can I tell? Look at the dirt on the LRBC - it accurately corresponds to the crease on the LLF sumo.gif

-divad

Sal,

Nice book, One of my favs! thumbsup2.gif

But that crease goes all the way through the book - how can I tell? Look at the dirt on the LRBC - it accurately corresponds to the crease on the LLF sumo.gif

-divad

no, you're right about that, no question. it looks like the book had something dropped on it at one point, and the colour DOES break in a few spots, not along the length of the crease, but in spots.

poop.

well, i didn't buy it to sell it, and it certainly won't be the only copy i ever own. thanks for pointing that out for me

well, i didn't buy it to sell it, and it certainly won't be the only copy i ever own. thanks for pointing that out for me

Yeah, I've owned about 5 or 6 copies and I'm always lookin' for my next one. Not only is it a killer cover, but the interior art is fantastic.

If I'm not mistaken, it is also the first use of the new logo which lasted some 150-200 issues! 893applaud-thumb.gif