• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hillbilly by Eric Powell anyone else pick this up?

7 posts in this topic

Let me start by saying I never read the goon. Somewhere somebody said they thought this book should be good, so I picked it up. First issue was pretty good, I liked the flow of the story, the character setup, and the art. This is the first modern I have been excited to read another issue of in about 5 years. Looking forward to seeing where this story goes. Anyone else reading this?

I read it. Will certainly read #2 when it comes out. As far as the best read in the last 5 years of a new modern?... You need to read more books ?
No, I stopped buying moderns because I stopped enjoying them. I read mostly superhero or horror, so this is out of my wheelhouse. But honestly I got so burnt out on universes created, destroyed, recreated, characters being killed off/brought back, that I got tired of it. This for me is totally different and enjoyable.