• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Outrage!!! Cho leaves Wonder Woman

167 posts in this topic

Apparently Greg Rucka, DC's writer for Wonder Woman's Rebirth run, isn't a fan and was behind Cho's departure from doing variant covers for the book. He'll only do 6 of what was supposed to be a 24 issue run.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/07/14/frank-cho-walks-off-wonder-woman-after-sixth-cover/

13659008_961268060638642_8002385507249724225_n-600x390.jpg

Yah these covers really don't seem too risqué to me. Although to be honest, I don't really like the way Cho has drawn WW for these covers, although I generally don't enjoy his ladies as much as some do (although I do like his humor!).

Yeah, I mentioned in the Modern forum that I'd normally be right there with Rucka, but the covers presented so seemed very tame to me.

Can't wait for all the hilarity as Cho makes his opinions known...

Going by the Spider-Gwen Outrage sketches, future blank cover sketches are going to be something special...

Going by the Spider-Gwen Outrage sketches, future blank cover sketches are going to be something special...

Huh? What happened with Spider-Gwen sketches?

They're pretty popular

They're pretty popular

That is pretty cool. Parody having value for the value of its commentary. Meta. Like Sadfan, only more expensive.

They're pretty popular

Oh I thought he was saying there was a controversy with them.

Thanks for the answer (thumbs u

If I were a professional artist hired to illustrate and complete 24 pieces in a 12 month period to be used as cover art for a series of comics I would not appreciate the writer of said comic meddling with my work. Just as I imagine the writer of said comic series would not want the cover artist meddling with their scripts. Unless that the writer having control over the cover art I submitted was written into the contract signed by the artist, I would walk out as well.

Yah these covers really don't seem too risqué to me. Although to be honest, I don't really like the way Cho has drawn WW for these covers, although I generally don't enjoy his ladies as much as some do (although I do like his humor!).

The third cover with her butt stuck out looks ridiculous. Not the worst I've seen, but it does look dumb. I'm not for censoring, but I'm with Rucka or whoever made this decision. If you want to appeal to a wide demographic, the art should be appealing to a large audience.

The third cover with her butt stuck out looks ridiculous. Not the worst I've seen, but it does look dumb. I'm not for censoring, but I'm with Rucka or whoever made this decision. If you want to appeal to a wide demographic, the art should be appealing to a large audience.

I thought the panties showing, and really the overall pose was a bit too much.

If it was Superman posed like that it'd look ridiculous.

At the same time, why hire Frank Cho, knowing his style, and expect that to work?

I mean... well, Adam Hughes did a long run of those covers, and... I don't think he ever showed Wonder Woman's panties....

Yeah...what's wrong with a major publisher having standards?

At the same time, why hire Frank Cho, knowing his style, and expect that to work?

I mean... well, Adam Hughes did a long run of those covers, and... I don't think he ever showed Wonder Woman's panties....

I thought the first 2 covers were just fine. Maybe they thought they'd get more of those?

I thought the first 2 covers were just fine. Maybe they thought they'd get more of those?

I imagine if he'd stuck with that, no one would've complained.