• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

King Arthur: Legend Of The Sword (5/12/17)
2 2

47 posts in this topic

The problem isn't with Guy Ritchie and his films, it's a studio giving him any kind of budget over say 60-75 million. Ritchie's movies are a niche brand and should be treated accordingly by the studios.

52 minutes ago, Thawk said:

Sometimes I wish I could get paid for my preview predictions.  I feel like I am constantly seeing movie previews and saying to a friend, "that is going to BOMB."  I'd say I'm running about 75% accuracy rating.  How is it the people who actually DO do this for a job can't see the piles of poo before it hits the fan? 

+1,000,000

It is hard to believe they paid over 100 million to make this when bomb was clearily written all over it.

Same thing will happen with Zorro in the post-apocalyptic reboot.

On 2/20/2017 at 3:43 PM, Bosco685 said:

Now I am really confused over the direction of this movie.

Is it trying to be 'A Knight's Tale' or 'Excaliber'? It seems to have an identity crisis right now.

This is what made me question what this movie was trying to convey as a direction. Depending on which trailer you saw, it either was rock mixed with Gaelic, or rock, or going with some period-sounding piece. It's like they were waiting for viewer responses to the trailer to determine which path to follow.

5 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

This is what made me question what this movie was trying to convey as a direction. Depending on which trailer you saw, it either was rock mixed with Gaelic, or rock, or going with some period-sounding piece. It's like they were waiting for viewer responses to the trailer to determine which path to follow.

worked for SS

6 hours ago, paperheart said:

worked for SS

Very true! Large box office take, at least two follow-up movies scheduled, and now a huge blu-ray/DVD market. Good point.

:insane:

I have seen these "modern" movies in this genre over and over and now I can't be bothered as they all stink.

For me it started with Sam Worthington in Clash of the Titans(2010), a remake of the classic tale with Hamlin in 1981. The newer version is modernized, the "hero" is full of angry angst and is the anti-hero model that movie makers of today think we the viewers want to see - FYI they are wrong.  These movies all lack any heart and soul, the characters are typically 2 dimensional at best and they usually contain some dumb addition that takes you out of the story: In the King Arthur film it is the giant elephants ( ????? ) and from Clash of the Titans 2010 it is this Djinn guy, why he is included in the film is beyond me, I guess the producers thought they needed something "cool". Just awful movie making, and it is to bad as I love fantasy.

large-screenshot1.jpg

If you want to see a pretty good King Arthur movie I recommend the film Excalibur from 1981.

Edited by Artboy99