• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bag's-n-Board's

25 posts in this topic

Theres nothing wrong with the bags and boards my comics come in so that would seem like OCD behavior for me to do that. If it was a hot comic or board was damaged in some way maybe....

So who else just has to replace the one's that the comic came in?

No matter what I put my comic's in brand new one's as soon as I can.

+1 Absolutely. As soon as I get them home I immediately replace the bag and board. Never, not once, have I left them in the original bag and board.

personally, I like a snug bag and perfect board so 9 times out of 10 I replace a new purchase with fresh ones. Nothing aside from tape on a book bothers me more than wrinkled flaps or corner dings.

In most cases, if a comic is bagged and boarded, I left them that way unless either was screwed up in some way. The general belief that old bags can damage a comic is just that. A belief. I have comics that have been in bags for 30 years and still look like the day they were bought. The replacement of bags/boards methodogy is just to needlessly make you think you need to buy new ones. Time has made that a mote point.

Jim

For some reason, I was thinking new comics. I was like, why would I replace a bag/board on a comic that just got put in there two days before I got it. lol

If we are talking older books/back issues, I am likely to change it unless it looks brand new.

I'm pretty sure I have a least a mild case of OCD; my doctor says I don't, but......my way less educated opinion begs to differ. Every comic I own is in a Mylite2 Mylar bag with a Full back acid free backing board. So yes, every comic I buy, unless it's already in a Mylite 2, gets a replacement bag and board.