• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Birthday Comic.

14 posts in this topic

I know folks like to find the comics that were released on the month and year of their birth but today I found something a little different.

Its a copy of The Warlord that came out in January and is the 17th comic in the series.

I was born on January 17th.

Well at least I think its cool.

Anyone else have one like this?

Yup.

I was born on July 12th 1965, and this book that came out in 1965 has JULY and issue 12 on it. I also love that it is the 1st appearance of an excellent villain:

Xmen12_Front.jpg

I really want this book, even though it came out 12 years before I was born

Yup.

I was born on July 12th 1965, and this book that came out in 1965 has JULY and issue 12 on it. I also love that it is the 1st appearance of an excellent villain:

Xmen12_Front.jpg

I really want this book, even though it came out 12 years before I was born

Cool!

Are you an X-Men fan?

I was really suprised when I found this.

I am a Conan fan and collector so The Warlord is right up my alley.

Yup.

Xmen12_Front.jpg

Not to mention the obvious price of 12 cents. That's pretty cool.

The month of the my birth (April 1965) is the earliest month I feel compelled to complete my Marvel and DC collections back to. I will never be able to afford high grade golden age books, so a line needed to be drawn somewhere. So far, I have only pushed my runs back that far for Green Lantern (#36), Strange Tales (#131), Tales to Astonish (#66), and X-Men (#11).

One of my favorite covers is avengers 223. Which is also my birthday, February 23rd this is a cool little trick that works good until September 4th (Action Comics 904). The closest to my actual birthday is Silver Surfer 13 (which also happens to be my favorite #)