• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A head scratcher-WTF for sure??????

8 posts in this topic

Now, one could shop/search for this copy in this grade, and most likely find several, so someone please enlighten me here??? This has got to be shillery, or massive stupidity at work. The book guides for (34th edition) $74!!!! W/ express CGC $150 total!!!! insane.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6523830870&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

From what I've noticed ... Silver Age books (and some Bronze) are capable of selling for way more than just the guide price + grading fees. I don't think just adding grading fees to a guide value is an accurate way to determine the value of a CGC book.

On comicspriceguide.com, you can now select "cgc graded" on issues you've marked that are in your collection, and it will give you their "estimated value." Sure they could be way off, but for GR #1 in CGC 9.0, they list $200. A lot closer to what this one is selling for than simply adding the CGC fees to the OS value.