• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Showcase 34 1st Atom

11 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Just picked this up. Everything is attached securely and the comic is complete. There are 3 letters written in faded blue pencil on the first page margin. Barely noticeable.

Any and all input is appreciated! Thanks!

AxpUPsbh.png

0sUZRuih.png

Definitely press it and fix the spine roll. I think this is a great presenter despite the obvious edge wear. You don't have anything major going on like stains, sub creases, rips, tears, etc. With the right press, I would say 4.5.

Someone may say I'm to generous, but if you picture this book with the spine fixed and along the black line, it doesn't look that bad.

2c

Definitely press it and fix the spine roll. I think this is a great presenter despite the obvious edge wear. You don't have anything major going on like stains, sub creases, rips, tears, etc. With the right press, I would say 4.5.

Someone may say I'm to generous, but if you picture this book with the spine fixed and along the black line, it doesn't look that bad.

2c

Wow! I was not expecting that. I might have to consider that. Out of curiosity though.... Where would it grade at now without a press?

I'd say 3.0 as is. I'd be cautious with the press. The spine is beginning to split near the bottom. It could press into a 4.5 but could also press into a 2" spine split.

this +1

I personally would not touch that book with a press.

2c

What you are suggesting is not a simple press but a spine realignment, something that is still frowned upon by many, even considered restoration. I agree with many others above that this will probably inflict damage on the book. Leave it alone.

2c

What you are suggesting is not a simple press but a spine realignment, something that is still frowned upon by many, even considered restoration. I agree with many others above that this will probably inflict damage on the book. Leave it alone.

+1 agree