• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Native American Comics

31 posts in this topic

Arak is a good read, and really cheap. Roy Thomas wrote it and always thought it was some of his better work. As he wrote much of your Conan run, I'm guessing you wont be disappointed. What I liked about Arak was it was one continuous story.

I'm writing a graphic novel and it's going to be illustrated by the very talented Rahsan Ekedal. (thumbs u It won't come out until next year, but I saw this thread title so I had to post. ;)

Here's a link to an article about my story, which will focus on three Yurok Native American soldiers who fought in World War One during the Meuse-Argonne offensive as part of the American Expeditionary Force. (thumbs u

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2016/02/02/soldiers-unknown-graphic-novelist-chag-lowry-world-war-native-warriors-163257

Best,

Chag Lowry (Yurok/Maidu/Achumawi)

Looking forward to it, Chag! (thumbs u

Here's a partial list that includes some of the better-known Atomic Age titles. Westerns were all the rage in the early- to mid-1950s. :luhv:

• Apache Kid (Atlas 1950-56, 19 issues)
  • Arrowhead (Atlas 1954, 4 issues)
  • Red Warrior (Atlas 1951, 6 issues)
  • Two Gun Western (Atlas 1950-51, 10 issues, 6 starring The Apache Kid)
  • Indian Chief (Dell 1951-59, 33 issues)
  • Indians (Fiction House 1950-53, 17 issues)
  • Lone Eagle (Ajax-Farrell 1954, 4 issues)
  • Long Bow (Fiction House 1951-52, 9 issues)
  • Redskin (Youthful 1950-52, 12 issues)
  • Straight Arrow (ME 1950-56, 55 issues)
  • Swift Arrow (Farrell 1954, 5 issues)
  • White Indian (ME 1953-55, 5 issues)
  • Young Eagle (Fawcett 1950-52, 10 issues)

I guess a better way to describe what I am looking for is a western comic book.

One where the main character is N.A. and the whole story line stays in the west.

Given these parameters, maybe DC's Weird Western Tales #39 to 70, all featuring Scalphunter.