• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Native American Comics

31 posts in this topic

Arak is about a N.A. who ends up in Europe long before Columbus gets here.

It's kind of like a historical Conan. Arak is a savage who in Forrest Gump manner meets all the lead characters of the age.

Forge (X-Men)

Equinox (Justice League United)

Sacajawea (Manifest Destiny)

Moonstar (New Mutants)

These could also go on the character list... There's a bunch of western titles from the 1950s like White Indian and Indian Warriors... Some have some pretty nice painted covers.

This has been a collecting theme for me, but I've gone by cover rather than series. Things like New mutants #18 or Manifest Destiny #12 are beautiful.

I'm writing a graphic novel and it's going to be illustrated by the very talented Rahsan Ekedal. (thumbs u It won't come out until next year, but I saw this thread title so I had to post. ;)

Here's a link to an article about my story, which will focus on three Yurok Native American soldiers who fought in World War One during the Meuse-Argonne offensive as part of the American Expeditionary Force. (thumbs u

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2016/02/02/soldiers-unknown-graphic-novelist-chag-lowry-world-war-native-warriors-163257

Best,

Chag Lowry (Yurok/Maidu/Achumawi)