• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

@@@ CAVALCADE OF [#@$%!!!] COMICS - Oddball Weirdo [#@$%!!!] @@@

WILL CHARLTONS SURGE?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. WILL CHARLTONS SURGE?

76 posts in this topic

New Re-Listings on ebay: NOT SPAM

@@@ CAVALCADE OF [#@$%!!!] COMICS - Oddball Weirdo [#@$%!!!] @@@

VISIT PORT WATSON

home of

LUXXCORP

Proud Sponsor of

THE CAVALCADE OF [#@$%!!!]

where,

FOR YOUR ODDBALL FASCINATIONS & YOUR WEIRDO NEEDS,

SEE MY OTHER AUCTIONS:

http://groups.ebay.com/forum.jspa?forumID=300000458

20 Bronze Age Charlton Horror Comics

20 Bronze Age Charlton War Comics

20 Bronze Age Love Charlton Romance Comics

4 Silver & Bronze Age DC Love Romance comics

NOTE: These books are still unresearched in Overstreet for the most part. Many are very esoteric, with stories still somewhat taboo at that time - cheating, underage sex, wild parties, marijuana, bad crowds, spanking panels, slapping panels, shower scenes, negligee panels, etc.

Many of the Charlton Love and Horror titles from the late sixties and early seventies are undiscovered gems if you like oddball weird comics. The writers wanted to be "with it" but in many cases just didn't know quite how; interesting "generation gap" comics emerged as the publishers tried to be hip.

DC was the exemplar of the standard because the art was so well drafted.

Charlton, however, had the best/worst stories. Based on the Horror Art and Stories by Steve “Spiderman” Ditko really had it in for those beatnicks and hippy hippies. They were made to suffer.

As for the War titles…well…

Again, real sociological and psychological period pieces.

Some people say they use politically incorrect language.

Lots of Huns, Krauts, Nips, Chinks, etc.

We’re talking about the Seventies 70’s here.

All the usual tyrant cameos: Hitler, Stalin, et al.

All the usual historically pivotal battles

fought by the U.S.

against the usual historical enemies

of the U.S.

And let’s not forget, (or, for some of you, the obverse)

TAROT: WITCH OF THE BLACK ROSE #15

(You won’t be disappointed with JIM BALENT’S Art)

AND

RARE? CAVEWOMAN

By Devon Massey

Shipping by USPS Media Mail in Continental U.S. $5.00 Includes the cost of my packaging materials, delivery confirmation & time. (Canada, Hawaii, Alaska and Worldwide A.P.O.'s shipping extra.) IF THE SHIPPING TOTAL IS SIGNIFICANTLY LESS I WILL MAIL YOU A CASH REFUND. I TRY TO STAY AS CLOSE TO ACTUAL SHIPPING COST AS I CAN. Insurance available upon request. I accept PayPal at luxxcorp@earthlink.net. money orders, cashiers checks and personal checks . Will combine shipping on multiple wins. (See my other auctions) Please email me with any questions you may have. Buyer is responsible for all shipping and handling costs. Payment must be received within 14 days after end of auction, or item may be relisted and negative feedback may be left (unless special arrangements are made with seller via email). If there is a problem with your item after delivery, please contact seller within 7 days after receiving it to resolve the problem. Please do this before leaving negative or neutral feedback; I am more than willing to work with you and make things right if you are unhappy with your purchase! Thanks for your interest!! My favorite comics are Spiderman Superman Batman X-Men Fantastic Four Daredevil Conan Teen Titans Charlton Love Romance war horror sci fi, also marvel dc dell.

How I Grade

Book is in mint condition. Cover has full luster, with edges sharp and pages like new. There are no signs of wear or aging. It is not imperfectly printed or off center.

Book is near mint condition. Nearly perfect comic book. Cover shows barely perceptible signs of wear. Spine is tight. Cover has lost a little luster and minor printing defects.

Book is in very fine condition. Nice comic with beginning signs of wear. Slight creases and wrinkles at the staples but it lays flat. Clean issue with definite signs of being read a few times. Some loss of original gloss, but is still an attractive comic book.

Book is in fine condition. The cover may be worn a little but flat and clean with no defacement. There may be some stress to the spine and pages may be a little rounded. A good looking issue at first glance.

Book is in very good condition. Most of the gloss is gone from this well read issue. There are minor markings, discoloration, and/or heavy stress around staples and spine. Spine may have a roll with some chipping around edges of pages. Still a nice copy.

Book is in good condition. A worn comic book with nothing missing. Some creases, rolled spine, and cover flaking are permissable. Still can be an attractive book.

Book is in fair condition. This book will still have everything intact but has some serious wear and discoloration.

Book is in poor condition. Pages may be missing and cover or back detached or missing. Still might be a good read but unsuitable for collecting.

From Doug Sulipa

(Comic World)

THEME AND COMPLETIONIST COLLECTING

Actively collected themes include:

Abominable Snowman/Bigfoot/Yeti

Amazon women

Animals

Apes/gorillas (esp. DC)

Archie swimsuit covers

Author adaptations (Poe etc.)

Bath/shower panel(s)

Billiard/pool games panels

Black people

Black heroes

Bondage

Car/Drag racing

Cheerleaders

Chess

Christmas

Circus/Carnival

Crossovers

Cross-dressing

Decapitation

Devil/Satan

Dinosaurs

Dismemberment

Dragons

Drugs

EC swipe/parody

Errors

Female heroes

Frankenstein swipe/parody

GGA (“Good Girl” art)

Golf covers

Graveyard covers

Halloween

Horses

Indians

Jack the Ripper

KKK/Racism

Last issues

Lesbian suggestive panels

Lingerie panels

Mermaids

Monsters

Motorcycles

Mummy

Mythology

#100’s

Nudity panels

Out of character

Paper dolls

Pirates

Politically incorrect panels

RCMP/Mounties

Religion

Robots

Rock/Music star parody and appearances

Santa Claus

Slavery/Slaves

Space/SF/Rockets

Spanking panels (girls)

Sports-cover/story (football, basketball, hockey, baseball, etc.)

TV character parody

UFO/Flying saucers

Time machine/travel

Titanic

Torture panel(s)

Vampire(s)

Voodoo

Various Wars (WWII, Civil War, etc.)

Werewolf

Whipping panels

Witches/Witchcraft

Zombies

Shipping by USPS Media Mail in Continental U.S. $2.00 Includes the cost of my packaging materials, delivery confirmation & time. (Canada, Hawaii, Alaska and Worldwide A.P.O.'s shipping extra.) IF THE SHIPPING TOTAL IS SIGNIFICANTLY LESS I WILL MAIL YOU A CASH REFUND. I TRY TO STAY AS CLOSE TO ACTUAL SHIPPING COST AS I CAN. Insurance available upon request. I accept PayPal at luxxcorp@earthlink.net. money orders, cashiers checks and personal checks . Will combine shipping on multiple wins. (See my other auctions) Please email me with any questions you may have. Buyer is responsible for all shipping and handling costs. Payment must be received within 14 days after end of auction, or item may be relisted and negative feedback may be left (unless special arrangements are made with seller via email). If there is a problem with your item after delivery, please contact seller within 7 days after receiving it to resolve the problem. Please do this before leaving negative or neutral feedback; I am more than willing to work with you and make things right if you are unhappy with your purchase! Thanks for your interest!! My favorite comics are Spiderman Superman Batman X-Men Fantastic Four Daredevil Conan Teen Titans Charlton Love Romance war horror sci fi, also marvel dc dell.

How I Grade

Book is in mint condition. Cover has full luster, with edges sharp and pages like new. There are no signs of wear or aging. It is not imperfectly printed or off center.

Book is near mint condition. Nearly perfect comic book. Cover shows barely perceptible signs of wear. Spine is tight. Cover has lost a little luster and minor printing defects.

Book is in very fine condition. Nice comic with beginning signs of wear. Slight creases and wrinkles at the staples but it lays flat. Clean issue with definite signs of being read a few times. Some loss of original gloss, but is still an attractive comic book.

Book is in fine condition. The cover may be worn a little but flat and clean with no defacement. There may be some stress to the spine and pages may be a little rounded. A good looking issue at first glance.

Book is in very good condition. Most of the gloss is gone from this well read issue. There are minor markings, discoloration, and/or heavy stress around staples and spine. Spine may have a roll with some chipping around edges of pages. Still a nice copy.

Book is in good condition. A worn comic book with nothing missing. Some creases, rolled spine, and cover flaking are permissable. Still can be an attractive book.

Book is in fair condition. This book will still have everything intact but has some serious wear and discoloration.

Book is in poor condition. Pages may be missing and cover or back detached or missing. Still might be a good read but unsuitable for collecting.

VISIT PORT WATSON

home of

LUXXCORP

Proud Sponsor of

THE CAVALCADE OF [#@$%!!!]

FOR YOUR ODDBALL FASCINATIONS & YOUR WEIRDO NEEDS

http://groups.ebay.com/forum.jspa?forumID=300000458

The Comics Marketplace: A messageboard for the purpose of buying, selling and trading comics between members.

gossip.gifEVERYTHING ELSE IS SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM makepoint.gif.. 893naughty-thumb.gif

FIGHTIN’ AIR FORCE #15 May 1959 Good 10 cents

MESSERSCHMITT? STUKA? COVER

Might is Right – Propoganda, Hitler cameo

Picket Plane – USAF Lockheed Constellation Eavesdropping on and being fired upon by a Red Soviet Communist Commie Sub Submarine

Fly High, Fly Fast

The Complainers – Propoganda, Jet Noise Pollution

Weird, Odd Ads

WAR AT SEA #87 Good 10 cents 1960

Geronimo’s Ghost

The Underdog

The Reason

Weird, Odd Ads

D-DAY #6 Very Good – Fine 12 cents 1968

Turning Point

From Saipan to the Rhine

Grim Reaper of Zone C –

Sgt. Reaper, USMC,

vs. Charlie V.C. Viet Cong, NVA Viet Nam Vietnam

Cholera, Tunnels

Weird, Odd Ads

MARINE WAR HEROES #17, 18 VG-F Jan. Mar. 1967

#17 Very Good – Fine 12 cents January 1967

The Little Spy – Viet Nam Vietnam

Mao-Mien’s Marines

Long Nightmare – Korea

The Japanese Dream

The Undertaker - Mushroom Cloud panel

#18 Good – Very Good 12 cents March 1967

The Right to Command

The Answer to a Prayer

The Elite

All But One – REDS! (Pretty good art – for Charlton)

Weird, Odd Ads

FIGHTIN’ ARMY #63, 66, 86 G-VG 12 cents 1965

Death Comes at Dawn

The Last Man Out

Outpost

Only Men Were Left

Hannibal’s Tanks – Carthage Cartheginian Elephants

#66 – Vietnam Viet Nam Cover

Name of the Game

The Bully

Special Forces soldier w/Jet Pack

vs. the VC Viet Cong

Disappearing General

Rats of Tobruk

#86 – The Lonely War of Capt. Willy Schultz

The Last Brigade

The Iron Heels

YUBIWAZA AD

8 issues GHOST MANOR v. 1 #3,8 v. 2 #6,14,24,53,54,67 Lots of Steve “Spiderman, Dr. Strange” Ditko, Ditko, Ditko!, PAM, SANHO KIM, Pat Boyette ART

GHOST MANOR

vol. 1 #3,

Poor (water damage, missing back cover) 12 cents 1968,

#8, Fine 15 cents 1969

vol. 2 #6 Very Good - Fine 1972

Host changed over from WINNIE THE WITCH to MR. BONES

#14, Fine

#24, Poor (chewed off top-right corner) Painted cover

#53, Fine

#54, Fine ALL DITKO “DR. HAUNT” (Host) ISSUE

#67, Fine – Very Fine

Icon = Emoticon = Gemlin (or, as most of YOU people spell it in the Old English manner) graemlin

Legit = legitimate = Everything I say is true, ergo, I do not lie. Check me out on ebay (Luxxcorp). Notice my approval rating is better than NeatStuffCollectables.

I have some great deals closing tonight and tomorrow night.

Icon = Emoticon = Gemlin (or, as most of YOU people spell it in the Old English manner) graemlin

Legit = legitimate = Everything I say is true, ergo, I do not lie. Check me out on ebay (Luxxcorp). Notice my approval rating is better than NeatStuffCollectables.

I have some great deals closing tonight and tomorrow night.

Legitimate,conforming to or in accordance with established rules, standards, and principles.

May I suggest trying this , and LESS SPAMMING THE BOARDS.