• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics 252 CGC 6.5

101 posts in this topic

I remember a boardie awhile back had an AC252 with the exact same colour fade - but it was a CGC 4.0 copy, so it may not be fade but a print error?

If I can find the thread (doubtful) I will post it up.

Interesting.

I would like to see a scan of the OP book to have a better look.

I apologize I do not have a scanner and the book is in my bank (I never take books out once they are there they will stay there till the time comes to sell most likely 20 to 25 years from now....this book may be a exception since I may up grade it in a few years from now but till that happens it will stay with my other books in the banks vault....I do not trust leaving books like this one at home). If I would have known before I would have taken pics.....never crossed my mind anyone would want to see more pics of it I figured the ones on Ebay are pretty clear.

no problem,

my interest was to get a better look to see if it could be determined if it is fading or if it was printed that way. The reds look very strong on your book, suggests maybe it was indeed a printed defect.

I remember a boardie awhile back had an AC252 with the exact same colour fade - but it was a CGC 4.0 copy, so it may not be fade but a print error?

Interesting.

I apologize I do not have a scanner and the book is in my bank (I never take books out once they are there they will stay there till the time comes to sell most likely 20 to 25 years from now....this book may be a exception since I may up grade it in a few years from now but till that happens it will stay with my other books in the banks vault....I do not trust leaving books like this one at home). If I would have known before I would have taken pics.....never crossed my mind anyone would want to see more pics of it I figured the ones on Ebay are pretty clear.

no problem,

my interest was to get a better look to see if it could be determined if it is fading or if it was printed that way. The reds look very strong on your book, suggests maybe it was indeed a printed defect.

Certainly it wouldn't be too much trouble for the OP to take a picture of the book the next time he takes another book to his bank vault. I'm sure several people would like to know if this issue was prone to a printer defect.

Interesting.

no problem,

Certainly it wouldn't be too much trouble for the OP to take a picture of the book the next time he takes another book to his bank vault. I'm sure several people would like to know if this issue was prone to a printer defect.

If I have the time one day I will but it will not be for a long time since my next purchase will be a FF1 in 6.0 to 7.0 so I will save up for that it may take a year or 2 before that happens or more if I can even find one that I really like.

Interesting.

no problem,

I wonder how much it affects the value of my book I was told a normal looking 6.5 goes for around 5500$ to 6000$ and a very nice looking copy would fetch 7000$ is that about right? Thing is this book rarely shows up for sale in 6.0 and higher and when one comes up to market it sells very swiftly.

My goal is to up grade it to a 8.0 some day.

Interesting.

no problem,

And certainly one would want to check on his books frequently to make sure common safety deposit box problems like moisture don't affect said books.

Interesting.

no problem,

And certainly one would want to check on his books frequently to make sure common safety deposit box problems like moisture don't affect said books.

I am not worried about that my bank vault is climate controlled (and the safety boxes are not fire proof either only the main safe is....I was told this was the best) and based on what people have said here some having books in their boxes for 15-20 plus years and never had a issue I am not concerned especially I never purchased books that had any type of rusting on the staples. All my books are in CGC holder and each holder is in a CGC pro slab as well as to protect the lower books from cracking (CGC holder) from the upper books putting pressure on them.

As mentioned above if you do not believe I own this book contact the seller and ask him what I said to ask him above. Once he confirms (if he chooses to) please stop pestering me about ownership. I do not ask any of you guys the same thing as you ask me.

Look at my ebay account I have 906 feedbacks with 100% of them been positive look under my sold items you will see some expensive items like a 13 000$ 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle I sold a few years back. I have 2 ebay accounts another with 136 feedbacks and again 100% positive feedback.

I am not some kid like some of you so seem to think I am a man of my word.

User ID

t205_gold_border_baseball_cards_master_set

My 2nd one is (I sold a TTA 27 CGC 4.5 on that one)

User ID

7th_inning_1915_cracker_jack_baseball_cards

So please get over all this non sens about me been 12 years old and not been able to afford the books that me and my brother buy together.

I think an age verification would be appropriate at this point.

I think you're referring to this post.

Don't worry about 'ol Stevie boy here, he just likes doing weird things

I wonder how much it affects the value of my book I was told a normal looking 6.5 goes for around 5500$ to 6000$ and a very nice looking copy would fetch 7000$ is that about right? Thing is this book rarely shows up for sale in 6.0 and higher and when one comes up to market it sells very swiftly.

to answer your question, and I don't want to bust your bubble, but action 252 has been on the decline for about a year now, from mid 2015 highs...the last pretty nice looking 6.5 sold for $4500, and in virtually all grades, the book has retreated as much as 20-25% from mid 2015 highs...

I would say that a really nice 6.5 would fetch about 5-5500 today (and probably less if you throw out the single outlier 6500 sale from last year)...an average 6.5 about 4500, and a weak 6.5 maybe 4K or less at auction, given the trend of the book (6.0 are right at 3K)

to answer your question, and I don't want to bust your bubble, but action 252 has been on the decline for about a year now, from mid 2015 highs...the last pretty nice looking 6.5 sold for $4500, and in virtually all grades, the book has retreated as much as 20-25% from mid 2015 highs...

I would say that a really nice 6.5 would fetch about 5-5500 today (and probably less if you throw out the single outlier 6500 sale from last year)...an average 6.5 about 4500, and a weak 6.5 maybe 4K or less at auction, given the trend of the book (6.0 are right at 3K)

That is OK I will keep it and wait till it picks back up (it is the cheapest key book I own so it is not a big deal). I like Supergirl so I am happy with the book (as I mentioned my goal is to up grade mine to a 8.0 some day). Did the last 9.2 not sell for 46 000$ or so in 2015 on Heritage that seems strong? I can't see this book remaining cold for a long long time. Same goes for FF1 in the last few years seems to have cool off but that will also change over time. I am holding on to my books for 20 to 25 years so I am very confident I will see some high peaks again for Action Comics 252.....I will wait for the right moment to get my 8.0 it is not a rush!!

I have had much worse the 1952 topps Mickey Mantle card I sold a few years back for 13 000$ is now a 35 000$ (plus add in another 30% more for the Canadian conversion rate and it is almost a 50 000$ card for me....I always expected it to double in value over 10 years never expected it to triple almost in just 3 years time) card so now I just keep my key collectibles and almost never ever sell them anymore. I have learned my lesson the hard way!! I am expecting all my comics to go threw ups and downs overs 20-25 years I will just wait for a up to sell them when the time comes.

Interesting.

no problem,

Same thought I had. While yellows are known to fade through overexposure to light, the cyan would have been equally susceptible to fading, and it doesn't appear to be. Judging by photos, the discoloured area seems too consistently absent of yellow to quickly arrive at the explanation it's a printing defect.

Interesting.

no problem,

Same thought I had. While yellows are known to fade through overexposure to light, the cyan would have been equally susceptible to fading, and it doesn't appear to be. Judging by photos, the discoloured area seems too consistently absent of yellow to quickly arrive at the explanation it's a printing defect.

Have you ever seen this on any other book. Weird the CGC notes cover faded I think they got it wrong and you got it right.

Interesting.

no problem,

Have you ever seen this on any other book. Weird the CGC notes cover faded I think they got it wrong and you got it right.

sorry to again report that this book is absolutely faded/heat damaged and not a printing defect...99.9% certain , as should anyone be that looks closely at it :sorry:

Interesting.

no problem,

sorry to again report that this book is absolutely faded/heat damaged and not a printing defect...99.9% certain , as should anyone be that looks closely at it :sorry:

That is OK I am sure someone out there ill pay for it when the time comes to sell it and up grade I am not worried the book is hard to find in 6.5.

I am looking forward for Supergirl season 1 to come out on August 9th for purchase. Some people said it was good some said it sucked but I am pretty sure I will enjoy it.
I quite enjoyed the season...my son and I watched it every Monday night...a few weak episodes but highly entertaining and pretty well acted imo

I am looking forward for Supergirl season 1 to come out on August 9th for purchase. Some people said it was good some said it sucked but I am pretty sure I will enjoy it.
I quite enjoyed the season...my son and I watched it every Monday night...a few weak episodes but highly entertaining and pretty well acted imo

I am going to pre order it this evening on amazon. Do you know when season 2 starts in the U.S?

I am going to pre order it this evening on amazon. Do you know when season 2 starts in the U.S?

oct I believe