• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Yellow Slab, can it be redone, and other companies take on it.

11 posts in this topic

So CGC only yellow slabs if they witness the signature, however without a certificate I wonder the following things:

1. Since you only have the yellow label slab as proof, for CGC to reslab let's say 10 years from now or more, is it possible to resend in the slab and still get a yellow label slab?

2. Let's say CGC goes out of fad, just like CGC won't honor another certificate as proof to yellow slab, it's also possible another grading company might do the same stunt. Doesn't that make getting siggys kind of risky all together as an investment?

hm

Pipe down, Doug!

Please, tell me more about my "investments". :popcorn:

The yellow label is the certificate. Anyone can print out a certificate at home these day's. CGC does it better by sealing it with the actual comic that was signed. It's so trustworthy that the new grading company accepts it as proof when someone switches it to their slabs.

Just keep in mind the case can't have been opened. If they suspect tampering, or if the case is cracked enough that the inner well could have been removed or the label swapped, then they may not still honor the yellow label.

So CGC only yellow slabs if they witness the signature, however without a certificate I wonder the following things:

1. Since you only have the yellow label slab as proof, for CGC to reslab let's say 10 years from now or more, is it possible to resend in the slab and still get a yellow label slab?

2. Let's say CGC goes out of fad, just like CGC won't honor another certificate as proof to yellow slab, it's also possible another grading company might do the same stunt. Doesn't that make getting siggys kind of risky all together as an investment?

hm

Stunt?

hm

Stunt?

Great album!

Barenaked_Ladies_-_Stunt.jpg