• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB Adobe Photoshop (Windows) software 5.5 or newer.

20 posts in this topic

I need some more powerful photoediting software. The stuff that came with my scanner is pretty crude. Anyone have Photoshop 5.5 or newer to sell? Maybe you upgraded to a new version or something and you don't need the 5.5 anymore?

You could also use PaintShopPro or MS Photo Editor. gossip.gif

No, like I said, I already have a crappy photo editing program. Now I am ready for a good one.

Stay away from anything in the 5's.

Major performance bugs.

You want 6.0. gossip.gif

Go get him a full legal version...cheap! poke2.gif

He might want to buy a copy of 6.0 that has never been registered. That way he can upgrade it if you ever decide to in the future. The newest version can be upgraded from as low as version 4.0, and is a fantastic program.

Legally, I don't think you can buy a copy that someone else has upgraded. They have to own the original to be able to have the upgrade installed.

Sorry. I can't help. I don't have extra copies.

I suggest buying one off eBay from a seller that has clean and respectible feedback.

Make sure it's upgradable and has never been registered. gossip.gif

I need some more powerful photoediting software. The stuff that came with my scanner is pretty crude. Anyone have Photoshop 5.5 or newer to sell? Maybe you upgraded to a new version or something and you don't need the 5.5 anymore?

What do you intend to do with the software? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifmm? wipe out corner creses? poke2.gif

I have a 5.0 LE version you can have. I've no idea what the difference is between the full version though as I've never used the limited edition.

I use a 5.0 (don't know which version - regular or limited). Why do you want 5.5 or newer specifically?

Stay away from anything in the 5's.

Major performance bugs.

You want 6.0. gossip.gif

I've never had a problem. confused-smiley-013.gif

I use 5.5 myself with no problems either. Granted I'm not using it for anything intense such as Dice would be. I think for scanning, cropping, color adjustments, etc. it works fine.

Why do you want 5.5 or newer specifically?

It's been a while since the upgrade happened, but I believe 5.5 was where they put in several "export to the web" enhancements. IIRC, with version 5 and earlier it was VERY awkward to export jpgs and gifs. The newer save for web feature is much better, although it's not the equal of Fireworks.

What do you intend to do with the software? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifmm? wipe out corner creses? poke2.gif

The same thing I do with my crappy image editing software now. Use it to reduce the image size of the mega-scans that my scanner makes, use it to fix variances in color between the scan and the actual book, draw mustaches on pictures of you people are forum dinners, put a more realistic looking knife into the head of my avatar, etc.

Why are you talking about me like I'm not here? Christo_pull_hair.gif

stooges.gif

He might want to buy a copy of 6.0 that has never been registered. That way he can upgrade it if you ever decide to in the future. The newest version can be upgraded from as low as version 4.0, and is a fantastic program.

Legally, I don't think you can buy a copy that someone else has upgraded. They have to own the original to be able to have the upgrade installed.

Sorry. I can't help. I don't have extra copies.

I suggest buying one off eBay from a seller that has clean and respectible feedback.

Make sure it's upgradable and has never been registered. gossip.gif

stooges.gif

Because I was replying to Greggy at the time.

Sorry for talking about you in third person. crazy.gif

Version 5.0 was a POS. It was the first version to have the multiple undos, and as a result it was a system hog.

Version 5.5 was a bit better, but that upgrade was mainly for web integration.

Version 6.0 was a godsend. It was by far the best version to come out since 1.0.

You get incredible performance and program stability that was not there in version 5.x. It also has integration with Adobe Imageready (which is included) for some serious image optimization.

Someone using 5.x may not see the problem until they upgrade.

6.0 was what you always wanted Photoshop to be and more.

7.0 and CS (8.0) are great programs as well. But for the average user, 6.0 is the best bang for the buck. You can get a legit upgradable copy on eBay for less than $150.

For note, you can get a full upgrade from 6.0 to the latest (CS) for less than $150, if you so choose.

stooges.gif

Because I was replying to Greggy at the time.

Sorry for talking about you in third person. crazy.gif

Version 5.0 was a POS. It was the first version to have the multiple undos, and as a result it was a system hog.

Version 5.5 was a bit better, but that upgrade was mainly for web integration.

Version 6.0 was a godsend. It was by far the best version to come out since 1.0.

You get incredible performance and program stability that was not there in version 5.x. It also has integration with Adobe Imageready (which is included) for some serious image optimization.

Someone using 5.x may not see the problem until they upgrade.

6.0 was what you always wanted Photoshop to be and more.

7.0 and CS (8.0) are great programs as well. But for the average user, 6.0 is the best bang for the buck. You can get a legit upgradable copy on eBay for less than $150.

For note, you can get a full upgrade from 6.0 to the latest (CS) for less than $150, if you so choose.

Thanks for the advice. I'll check out 6.0, 7.0, and CS and will avoid 5.5. hail.gifflowerred.gif