• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much can a 3/4" spine split affect a book

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am wondering, how much does a 3/4" spine split affect a golden age book if the book itself is in pretty good shape? What is the Maximum grade with a split this size? Is the more forgiveness with Golden books?

Thank you

Hello,

I am wondering, how much does a 3/4" spine split affect a golden age book if the book itself is in pretty good shape? What is the Maximum grade with a split this size? Is the more forgiveness with Golden books?

Thank you

First off, what does 'pretty good shape' mean ? Your question is much too broad, like asking how much does an old car cost with a dent. There's not a list of rules we can look up for such things. A pic would help.

I am a little concerned that the bottom staple was replaced ? It looks so new and shiny compared to the very rusty top staple. With a book like this, I always wonder why the seller doesn't have it slabbed. If all is well, no restoration,4.5, maybe 5.0 .

Thanks for pointing out the concern with the staple. I have been looking for a good copy of this book for 3 years now with no luck. I had it graded a 4.0-4.5. The spine split scared me some. I will keep hunting for it.