• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All story Tarzan 1912

33 posts in this topic

Heritage has noted in their auctions that 20 copies exist. But who knows...

I'm going to question that number.

A family member of mine has a copy and I've seen at least 3 other copies locked into pulp collectors collections that will probably never be sold.

20 seems a bit low.

I know of 5

6 including my copy

Plus the one posted in this thread makes 7

U know of 1 from a family member

That's 8

Plus 3 others that's 11

Let's think of how many more

Raven1804

I don't think much more than 20-25 copies

Rarely rarely seen

I know of 5

6 including my copy

Plus the one posted in this thread makes 7

U know of 1 from a family member

That's 8

Plus 3 others that's 11

Let's think of how many more

Raven1804

I don't think much more than 20-25 copies

Rarely rarely seen

The 20-25 number that is tossed around is an old pre-Internet estimate similar to Gerber estimates. I suspect the number is at least twice that. There are copies in a number of old ERB and pulp collections -- collectors that dont post in imternet forums. I expect we'll be seeing some copies in the next few years.

The 20-25 number that is tossed around is an old pre-Internet estimate similar to Gerber estimates. I suspect the number is at least twice that. There are copies in a number of old ERB and pulp collections -- collectors that dont post in imternet forums. I expect we'll be seeing some copies in the next few years.

Did/does the Burroughs estate have any high grade copies that haven't surfaced?

Did/does the Burroughs estate have any high grade copies that haven't surfaced?

I don't know for sure that they still have one, but t hey certainly would have at one time.

Also, something to keep in mind is that these when these change hands it often happens behind the scenes. When collections come up sale, keys will often be cherrypicked ahead of time. The old pulp collectors often get really secretive about what they own.

On a side note, I know of far more copies of the ToA All Story than the Return of Tarzan New Story issues - the 2nd appearance of Tarzan. And even on non-Tarzan issues New Story is much rarer. Also, it has two N. C. Wyeth covers.

Not sure I'd spend 400 bucks, for a dismantled copy missing the cover, and the entire Tarzan novel (which accounts for 1/2 the total page count), even now! If you take the centerfold and cover, off the first Playboy.... What's left can be made into confetti! (Unless there's any 1953 Corvette full page ads?)

For those who didn't read the link, the quest for Tarzan (All Story Oct,1912), resulted in his 2 copies. Both missing the cover, and the first missing the....story. Not even the makings of a Frankenstein book here.....(Side Note.... Actually make time to read this classic! Mary Shelly really was a talented writer and the book was a masterpiece! Unlike Bram Stoker's Dracula, which was the most dry, boring book I've ever forced myself to finish!

Found this thread thought this might be close enough to show here. Found this issue mixed in with some romance pulps at a flea market.

The All-Story Magazine July 1912 Last segment of ERB's Under the Moons of Mars. Under his pseudonym Norman Bean. Besides the rips on the

cover in amazing condition.

all-story july 1912.jpg

under the moons of mars ch6 (2).JPG

under the moons of mars ch6 (1).JPG