• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is on the edge of my Daredevil 29?

14 posts in this topic

It looks like weird tanning, but the edges are kinda tacky. When you open the book up, the edges are almost transparent. The rest of the book is quite good... glossy and strong cover. The inside pages are pretty white as well. I have had this book for over 30 years and I never removed anything from it... and it looked like this when I got it (can't recall about the tackiness).

Thoughts?

28069543253_e1f7a31f13_h.jpg

Not tape... there is nothing there... other than the tackiness. I thought it may have been tape residue, but since the book was in relatively good shape, I thought why would anyone tape this book in the 60s or 70s. Maybe people taped edges as a preventative measure and someone before me removed it?

That really looks like tape residue. I am curious as to why though....maybe someone was tracing the cover? Maybe it was framed and it's some sort of resin residue. Definitely looks like some sort of oil base

i had an ASM 129 years ago,taped all four sides...OO said she did it to keep the comic safe.

Safe? In the sense of handling maybe? So if you gripped the edges too harshly it wouldn't tear?

The spine I could see, but the other edges? I don't see it myself.

Well depending how bad the residue is, I suppose it isn't the end of the world, tape residue can be cleaned, yes?

Look at the book again. Do you really think it is going to clean up ? Sorry, but it's a reader copy.

Well depending how bad the residue is, I suppose it isn't the end of the world, tape residue can be cleaned, yes?

Look at the book again. Do you really think it is going to clean up ? Sorry, but it's a reader copy.

In all honesty, I should have quoted jimmers, I was responding to him