• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Evelyn's Collection, the last pt. Silver Age Recap Page 13

133 posts in this topic

Next Freebie

Marvel Tales #17, squarebound

marvel%2017_0001.jpg

marvel%2017_0002.jpg

and in the spirit of fair play, since I keep getting pms asking what the 3 books at the end are...

I'll say what I've told others...

One is a BIG book... big as in big which has many meanings;)

Not small? hm

Amazing Spider-man #33

Classic Cover.

Great color, OW pages, there is a slight bend on the front cover that does not break color. There is a very small cut (less than 1/4” on the top that goes through most of the pages. Grade is Fine- (5.5) bin is $58 Sold to Eddragon

asm%2033_0001.jpg

asm%2033_0002.jpg

Next Freebie

Marvel Tales #17, squarebound

marvel%2017_0001.jpg

marvel%2017_0002.jpg

and in the spirit of fair play, since I keep getting pms asking what the 3 books at the end are...

OMG HOW BIG?

WELL over 32 pages!

oooh in that case never mind i'm only interested in books with pics and colors and under 24 pages lol

Next Freebie

Not small? hm

I'm not playing password with you, you are too good;)

Amazing Spider-man #50 1st Kingpin

General light creasing, slight sub crease, creasing lower right.

Color is great, pages are in the white range. Grade is VG-. (3.5) might be a drop better.

Bin is $128

Sold to Norrn's Lawyer

asm%2050_0001.jpg

asm%2050_0002.jpg

Amazing Spider-man #75,

Crease lower right and a very small crease at the top. Great color, pages are OW, light moisture stain upper left corner. Grade is VG/F,

Amazing Spider-man #89

Great color and gloss, with a moisture stain upper left on the back, that goes through about 8 pages.

bin is $24 (for the 2 books)

asm%2075_0002.jpg

asm%2075_0003.jpg

asm%2089_0001.jpg

asm%2089_0002.jpg

Avengers #11, Spider-man x-over.

Nice color, pages are in the OW range, The front cover has creasing and a small piece missing at the lower right. Back, there is a 1” tear, and a crease at the lower right.

Grade is VG- (3.5) Bin is $50

avengers%2011_0001.jpg

avengers%2011_0002.jpg

Avengers #19, Origin of Hawkeye, 1st Swordsman.

Great color, pages in the OW/Cr range.

There are some spine bends and a bend lower and upper right corners. Grade is Fine- (5.5) bin is

$25

Sold to Eddragon

avengers%2019_0001.jpg

avengers%2019_0002.jpg

Avengers #20 Intro Power Man.

Great color, pages are supple and in the OW/Cr range, maybe a little better. There is a bend lower left, and spine lines.

Tiny nick right edge. Some light tanning halos inside the covers.

Grade is Fine, Bin is $22

Sold to Eddragon

avengers%2020_0001.jpg

avengers%2020_0002_1.jpg

OK, now the 3 GA books, the last one is the BIG one;) but these are no slouches.

sold to Solar Boy

Mr. Miracle Comics #4 Holyoke 1 shot. 1944

From the Grand Comics Data Base

“This issue was originally grouped together with other issues as [Holyoke One-Shot] (Holyoke, 1944 series). Contents are reprints of issues published by some of Frank Z. Temerson's earlier companies (Helnit Publishing Co., Tem Publishing Co. and possibly one other).

It is not clear who published these. Temerson may have published them through his later companies which were active at this time, or Holyoke may have acquired the plates when it took over Helnit and kept them for later use. Or they may have been acquired and used by someone else entirely, as there are no indicative markings anywhere on the issues. ?

It's very hard to find information on this book, they are obviously truly “scarce”.

There are two pieces of white tape on the front cover, and inside the cover, on the open top corner, 4 pieces of what might be archival tape supporting the corner. The pages are very supple, but there are some stains, especially on the edges. There is a 1” split through the pages at the bottom of the spine and some bug damage on the top of the open corner. So, the book is low grade, but complete.

Inside there is a Catman story, Flying Trio, Blue Streak, Secret Agent Z-2 and Jane Drake Detective.

There are none listed on GPA, none on the census, while Metro has a few of the others, none of these, none on Heritage. and I couldn't find any to price reference. So, I'm going to just guess . Bin is $150.

mr%20miracle_0001.jpg

mr%20miracle_0002.jpg

th_20160801_195825.jpg

OK, now the 3 GA books, the last one is the BIG one;) but these are no slouches.

“This issue was originally grouped together with other issues as [Holyoke One-Shot] (Holyoke, 1944 series). Contents are reprints of issues published by some of Frank Z. Temerson's earlier companies (Helnit Publishing Co., Tem Publishing Co. and possibly one other).

It is not clear who published these. Temerson may have published them through his later companies which were active at this time, or Holyoke may have acquired the plates when it took over Helnit and kept them for later use. Or they may have been acquired and used by someone else entirely, as there are no indicative markings anywhere on the issues. ?

It's very hard to find information on this book, they are obviously truly “scarce”.

There are two pieces of white tape on the front cover, and inside the cover, on the open top corner, 4 pieces of what might be archival tape supporting the corner. The pages are very supple, but there are some stains, especially on the edges. There is a 1” split through the pages at the bottom of the spine and some bug damage on the top of the open corner. So, the book is low grade, but complete.

Inside there is a Catman story, Flying Trio, Blue Streak, Secret Agent Z-2 and Jane Drake Detective.

There are none listed on GPA, none on the census, while Metro has a few of the others, none of these, none on Heritage. and I couldn't find any to price reference. So, I'm going to just guess . Bin is $150.

mr%20miracle_0001.jpg

mr%20miracle_0002.jpg

th_20160801_195825.jpg

:takeit:

Avengers #19, Origin of Hawkeye, 1st Swordsman.

Great color, pages in the OW/Cr range.

There are some spine bends and a bend lower and upper right corners. Grade is Fine- (5.5) bin is

$25

avengers%2019_0001.jpg

avengers%2019_0002.jpg

:takeit: [/quote]

a person with taste, thank you...sold and you get the freebie, too:) (worship)

mr%20miracle_0001.jpg

mr%20miracle_0002.jpg

th_20160801_195825.jpg

:takeit:

Thanks, Tamir, sold. (worship)

.Best Comics #4,

The book has great color, wonderful gloss, nice pages and some small pieces of tape. There are also some names written in ink and spine splits, the splits are different on the front and the back (see the pictures)

It's a larger size format than a regular book but smaller than a jumbo. The spine is squarebound and it opens sideways.

It's very very rare. The only place I found a reference for it was on Heritage and this is what they said.

"Best Comics #4 (Better Publications, 1940) Condition: GD. Large-size, sideways format. Cannibalism story. Gerber lists this issue as "rare"; this is only the second copy of this issue that we've seen, and the first in several years. "

That copy went for $1200 in 2014. Rare books have exploded since then. The grade is probably close to good, I had originally thought Gd/VG, but it's lower than that because of that one long spine split.

Bin is $1200.00

Sold,to Solar boy, thank you

20160801_141344201.jpg

5a0f7f04-cb55-44ad-ace8-b43231792a0b.jpg

th_20160801_141357.jpg

th_20160801_141427%201.jpg

th_20160801_141430.jpg

th_20160801_191707.jpg