• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM New Adventure Comics 31

9 posts in this topic

Hello,

I recently purchased this New Adventure Comics #31.

What grade would you call this? The mark in the bottom left corner looks like water damage "a high tide line" so to speak. The water damage only effects the front cover, the interior pages have not been damaged. There is a similar water damage mark in the same place on the back cover, but the interior pages look ok. The speckled area along the spine could be mildew or mould spores or oxidation or foxing etc. Any ideas?

Its a moderately bright looking issue, off-white to cream pages. I thought it was a 5.0 (but not sure), any further advances on a 5.0? Internally I would say its a 6.5 - 7.0. The colour pops and its very clean off-white to white pages. Internally the pages show some creasing near to the spine but largely speaking the internal pages are crisp and there are zero tares.

Here is a link to a video I made that displays the interior pages:

I have to say I don't think the scan does the comic justice, its about 30% brighter in the flesh.

Edit: According to CGC this comic currently has 16 CGC graded copies recorded in the CGC database, and a according to Heritage Auctions it has a Gerber scarcity rating of '7' which according to the Gerber scale means there is an average of 21 to 50 copies in existence. Is this vaguely accurate?

Thanks,

163745.jpg.e3b24ae752eae8c9048e6f8e42a75457.jpg

163746.jpg.0cad9386a2f5bbf33bde693c1efeb62b.jpg

163776.jpg.f6cf6de948040908c06866dffd9f3904.jpg

That's a solid copy with what appears to be either water damage along spine and bottom left or off color restoration?

Structurally I think you are 5.0 or better but not sure how bad the staining goes into the book or if staples are clean etc.

Nice copy. I had a slab in the 6.0 range years ago and this presents near the same..Or yours may even present better... Great cover

iPhone opinion ...

Hi comicdey,

Thanks for looking. I was wondering if the mottled/speckly spine area is atmospheric damage, whereas the bottom left corner looks like water damage "high tide line" so to speak. The water damage only effects the front cover, the interior pages have not been damaged. There is a similar water damage mark in the same place on the back cover, but the interior pages look ok.

I just took a look inside the comic and the staples are really nice, no rust. Shiny. Also there is no spine roll.

This is one of my all time favourite covers, I am hoping it will make a 5.5 to 6.0 if I submit it.

There are currently only 16 graded copies.

I watched your video to get a better feel for the book (thanks for doing that BTW, it was enjoyable).

I'd call the book a 5.0 with cream-to-off-white pages.

NA 31 is one of the more common issues in the title, relatively speaking.

Nice solid book, congrat's on the pickup.

I watched your video to get a better feel for the book (thanks for doing that BTW, it was enjoyable).

I'd call the book a 5.0 with cream-to-off-white pages.

NA 31 is one of the more common issues in the title, relatively speaking.

Nice solid book, congrat's on the pickup.

I agree Steve, a 5.0 but still has a shot at 5.5 or maybe a 6.0. You don't see this issue all the time, but I have seen enough to say it isn't super scarce. The 26 and 27 are much much tougher. Nice video. Welcome to the boards :)

Thanks everyone, I was very happy to find this issue. I am glad you think it will grade at least as a 5.0. It would be nice if it achieved a 5.5 or a 6.0.

I would like to get a few more issues from the New Adventure Comics series, but as Primetime mentioned some of them are very hard to track down. NAC31 is also the most affordable issue.

Glad you all like the video: