• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about my first CGC slab purchase

25 posts in this topic

I'm I suppose to be able to open the sides slightly. Seems If I pull gently I can open it up a bit.

I thought it was suppose to be bullet proof, totally enclosed so to speak. Like a permanent seal, unbroken by only God or someone like him/her

Yup - if you search you'll find this is normal. The 4 corner posts just need to be firm/intact. The middle of the sides will separate some.

Yes, that's how you used to be able to fix the Newton rings problem, you slide a piece of paper into the open slits on the side.

You don't want the slab to be sealed 100% or the book will end up stewing in its own juices.

I'm I suppose to be able to open the sides slightly. Seems If I pull gently I can open it up a bit.

I thought it was suppose to be bullet proof, totally enclosed so to speak. Like a permanent seal, unbroken by only God or someone like him/her

try a 45 caliber and let us know how the case holds up

try a 45 caliber and let us know how the case holds up

can't. sold gun to finance comic purchase

Thanks.

Whew!

In all seriousness then, can't you pour coffee into that little opening in the side and ruin the book.

Try it and report back.

rather someone else do the investigating. somebodies kid must have jammed peanut butter or juice juice in that little slot

Just curious what your -1st slab is. Mine was an ASM #1 5.5. I think this would make a great thread topic

It was done many moons ago. Mine was an ASM 29 in 7.5

Wish I still had it so I could inspect it again. I imagine it had non color-breaking wear that I couldn't see. It was a 7.5, and it looked like an easy 9.0 to me. I remember thinking that CGC was crazy strict. :o

That was 2003

These boards have taught me MUCH since then...... :tonofbricks:

x men 94 9.4

Nice book

thanks. i wonder if it will by a nice book in 20 years to sell, or will everyone and their mother be pulling them out of long boxes. I mean, that was the book to get in 1981.

In the '80s and 90s the books we all should of picked up are all endless I could of had a AF 15 CGC 5.0 for peanuts

You don't have to go back that far for a good price on an AF 15

Compared to current prices, that book was selling for "peanuts" a decade ago.