• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicConnect auction starts tomorrow

276 posts in this topic

It looks like somebody else just placed a bid that took the 'Tec 29 from $8,100 up to $10K.

Seems like the lead between these 2 books just keeps swinging back and forth as the 'Tec 38 was stuck for a few days at $6,200 before taking a big jump up to its current $8,700 high bid.

I imagine the 'Tec 29 should win out in the end as I believe the price per point on this book should still be higher than 'Tec 38 by quite a margin. (shrug)

I predicted 10k for in the Tec 38 At this rate I might be low. You just don't see a lot of Blues (at least I don't)

Any idea when the last Blue unrestored copy went up for sale and if you do, what was the condition and how much did it go for? hm

I predicted 10k for in the Tec 38 At this rate I might be low. You just don't see a lot of Blues (at least I don't)

Any idea when the last Blue unrestored copy went up for sale and if you do, what was the condition and how much did it go for? hm

Last two on GPA were 3.5s. Went in the low to mid 20s, think 22k and 26k

Were these two 3.5 sales from last year and what sales venue were they? hm

Dont know the venue. Over the last year they list these sales of blues.

1.5 Nov 2015 $11,353

3.0 Nov 2015 $22500

3.5 Nov 2015 $26290

3.5 Jan 2016 $22422

Price drop on the 3.5 could be partially due to the Nov copy being an offwhite/white copy and the Jan copy being LT tan.

Hope that helps

Dont know the venue. Over the last year they list these sales of blues.

1.5 Nov 2015 $11,353

3.0 Nov 2015 $22500

3.5 Nov 2015 $26290

3.5 Jan 2016 $22422

Price drop on the 3.5 could be partially due to the Nov copy being an offwhite/white copy and the Jan copy being LT tan.

Hope that helps

Except for the last copy, it looks like they were generally all pretty consistent at about $7.5K on a price per point basis. (thumbs u

Wonder if that price per point will continue to hold for this year or will there be a slight increase. I guess this CC 1.5 auction should give us some idea as to which way this book is trending. hm

Only 4 blue sales in almost 2 years. not that many on the open market (maybe at cons?) This book has a huge potential upside with staying power IMO.

What's also interesting to me in this auction is the Action 1 page (brittle--supes story ) already at $5,700 CC has sold a few Action 1 pages in the last year(from the Supes story) but they are not making their way onto GPA. anyone know where they ended up?

(GPA has a Supes page from 2011 for over 4k but that STAT is antiquated.) They have all been brittle pages (I believe) and none of them have been the coveted pages 1 & 5 (origin page and Supes lifting the car)

I posted the 2 CL sales in a previous post:

CL sales Tec 38 6.0 - $35,233 Winter 2015

Fugly CBCS PGX World 1.8 - 7200 this year

That definitely looks like a much more attractive price at just under $6K for the Fine 6.0 copy. Probably a case of being squeezed out in the middle with the book being too expensive for the entry level collectors and yet not nice enough for the high grade collectors or investors. hm

Just a couple of corrections on the 1.8 graded copy. Although the description says that it is graded by the other company, the scan clearly indicates that it is a PGX graded book. But I would certainly agree with your fugly comment as it looks like it should only be a 1.0 graded copy at best, with all of those butt yucky looking defects. (shrug)

looks like someone took the strategy of having restored books get slabbed via voldemort.. wonder if the blue label (on the restored books) was an influence in the decision...

No, probably more to do with the influence of the stigmatizing impact of CGC's PLOD label which is more like a scarlet letter telling potential purchasers to stay far away. :gossip:

Much better to have a level playing field where potential purchasers have the proper information to make their own fully informed purchasing decision instead of being unfairly influenced by the stigmatizing and toxic color of a label. :makepoint: