• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicConnect auction starts tomorrow

276 posts in this topic

i know i'll love it, sir!

okajima red dragon.

The Red Dragon 7? It doesn't seem too high yet. It would be a tough choice between the Okajima and the non-pedigree CGC 7.5 with white pages that sold for nearly $2900 two and a half years ago.

Classic WW2 superhero covers don't seem to be getting any cheaper, and that is definitely a classic.

For one it is a purple cover second it has white paper and hot female in a red dress.The artist eye says what is not to like about that cover :o

meh, if purple and a girl in red dress is what you desire, I'd take a Rangers #24 over the Spitfire any day.

For one it is a purple cover second it has white paper and hot female in a red dress.The artist eye says what is not to like about that cover :o

meh, if purple and a girl in red dress is what you desire, I'd take a Rangers #24 over the Spitfire any day.

I think they're both nice covers, but I'd take the Rangers #24 as well.

Poor auction makes for poor results. Thought the 31 would hit at least 30. Someone is happy.

Yes, it definitely looks like all of the pre-Robin 'Tec's did not do very well in this particular auction here, especially in comparison to the sky high prices for both the 'Tec 29 and 31 just a couple of months earlier:

I believe it's due to a combination of the following factors:

1) Lower page quality, especially when you are talking about brittle pages;

2) A bit of auction fatigue with some of these pre-Robin 'Tec books as they are showing up in almost every single one of CC's recent auctions and being successfully brought;

3) Potential buyers being taken out of the marketplace due to Factor #2 above, and hence no longer participating in the bidding process; and

4) Some potential bidders keeping their gunpowder dry for what appears to be an outstanding GA selection in next week's CL auction.

Any other opinions or is the pre-Robin 'Tec market starting to cool off a bit? hm(shrug)

Tec 29 :sick: Who bid on that ? Seriously. Flakes in the slab as a reminder just how brittle the book is. :fear:

As GAtor correctly mentioned, not all 31 1.0 are created equal. Lot of tape on that one. I expected 30, closed at 26. Close enough.

Tec 38 final price was inline with current ppp.

What did the TEC 31 cgc 1.0 go for last time?

Nevermind, looked it up TEC 31 cgc 1.0 sold for 43k in June...sold for 26k tonight...strange series of auctions.

Thought the TEC 1 Price was interesting too

Ouch!

As is obvious, this is not the same copy of 'Tec 31 that had sold for $43K a couple of months ago.

From my point of view, it's quite possible that the $43K result from June was probably more of an outlier, as it certainly jumped the trend line that the 'Tec 31 books were on going back to the past couple of years. hm

It's quite possible that 2 overly aggressive bidders just went at the book too hard and drove it past what it normally would have gone for. Who really knows at this point, as entry level prices can be very volatile? (shrug)

Definitely good for the consignor if this was the case. :whee:

What did the TEC 31 cgc 1.0 go for last time?

Nevermind, looked it up TEC 31 cgc 1.0 sold for 43k in June...sold for 26k tonight...strange series of auctions.

Thought the TEC 1 Price was interesting too

Ouch!

As is obvious, this is not the same copy of 'Tec 31 that had sold for $43K a couple of months ago.

From my point of view, it's quite possible that the $43K result from June was probably more of an outlier, as it certainly jumped the trend line that the 'Tec 31 books were on going back to the past couple of years. hm

It's quite possible that 2 overly aggressive bidders just went at the book too hard and drove it past what it normally would have gone for. Who really knows at this point, as entry level prices can be very volatile? (shrug)

Definitely good for the consignor if this was the case. :whee:

Didn't realize it wasn't the same copy, it was unclear from the post, and I didn't look them up.

I definitely agree that not all 1.0s are the same. The lower the grade, the more diversity in actual flaws and it gets harder to compare sales.

I was really surprised at Tec1. Thought it would go much higher. Tough book ( especially unrestored )

+1

Yes, I believe somebody got a real steal on this book as the final price was even below guide on this particular copy here. :o

On the other hand, interest in many of the early pre-hero DC books have really waned over the past couple of decades. Not sure if we'll ever see a big resurgence in them anytime soon, as there seems to be enough copies, with the odd exception, that show up over time to meet the demand. Of course, the lack of copies in the marketplace could also be a factor in keeping prices down as collectors just tend to forget about them or not bother to chase them after awhile. (shrug)

Or they could be like the early Centaurs which were really hot a couple of decades ago, then kind of cooled off for several years there, and now seems to really be back in vogue over the past few years. hm

Which I actually found kind of surprising and a positive sign for the book, especially considering the brittle pages which it had. I also felt this particular 1.5 graded copy did not present that well from a straight visual point of view. (shrug)

I imagine the PPP would go up somewhat on this book, should a better presenting unrestored copy with decent pages (i.e. not brittle, brown, or tan) should ever show up in the marketplace. :wishluck:

Seems tough to find though as most collectors are probably holding onto their copies for now.

Yes, the 43K sale was definitely an outlier. Just as the HA Supes1 0.5.

+1

I would say the same for the recent auction result for a raw Poor 0.5 copy of Action 13, with no back cover, that was still able to fetch over $14K. And on a low profile Sunday HA auction at that. :o

Not aware of the HA Supes 1 sale, but it's hard to keep track of all of these results after awhile.

Captain america 46 cgc 3.5 sold for 5,888$

voldemort ext resto 5.0 sold for 3,783$

both doubled the previous sales

Such a classic cover : cap and bucky stopping the Holocaust.

thers a 3.0 on clink auction for 4,300 already but with a reatached cover

More Fun #55 might be a hot book. The 9.4 sold for $124,222 which I think is more than they offered it for on eBay right? There was quite a bidding war for it as well.

Probably more due to the fact that key or even semi-key Church books, in this particular case, appears to be making a big comeback. (thumbs u

Which I actually found kind of surprising and a positive sign for the book, especially considering the brittle pages which it had. I also felt this particular 1.5 graded copy did not present that well from a straight visual point of view. (shrug)

I imagine the PPP would go up somewhat on this book, should a better presenting unrestored copy with decent pages (i.e. not brittle, brown, or tan) should ever show up in the marketplace. :wishluck:

Seems tough to find though as most collectors are probably holding onto their copies for now.

Actually the 38 had a slightly brittle label and by the looks of it, most likely to a specific area. Bob Kane sig was cool ( although cooler if "To Anna" would have been left out )

Not the best looking 1.5 but certainly no eyesore.