• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GAtor has books MISSING at Tampa Con which are then FOUND!

309 posts in this topic

Long thread billowing sounds

Opinions flow like water

Nausea knows know bounds

Altercation?

Comics United Nation

Comics found...

:sumo: and best wishes to a safe travel home of your books to you.

BREAKING NEWS

I am at my store unloading the second van, and a private number calls the store...I let it goto voice mail and they hang up...30 seconds later, repeat call from private number...I answer this time....

HE HAS MY BOX!!!!!!

long story short because I'm too excited right now, but the missing comics should be home with me asap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:applause:

If I were to speculate, I'd say he was unloading his van/truck, saw a really quick opportunity to snatch a box, did so and didn't dare to bring it out. After realizing the value of the goods and the press that this theft was getting, he figured he was in over his head and therefore reached out to do the right thing. My 2c

That would be my guess.

If I stole the books and got cold feet the last thing I'd do would be to hang myself out there by trying to give them back.

My guess is the person in contact with you knows the person who stole them (a relative or employee perhaps, or maybe bought them pennies on the dollar themselves, and is trying to duck a receiving stolen property charge) and want's to get them back to you, but also wants to protect the person who stole them.(or themselves for buying stolen property)

I don't think you are talking to the actual thief.

Why not? The guy says it was a mistake and chances are nothing comes of it as you can't prove that it was intentional. If he hangs on to them he runs the risk of getting into a whole lot of trouble.

There was no mistake here. The way Rick described his offloading on Thursday afternoon, someone very intentionally had to go into his "pile" of staged items to find the box. Clearly, the guy realizes the consequences now are pretty grim (grand larceny = lengthy jail time), and would rather see the items returned with no charges being filed. I don't blame him; a couple of AF 15s are nice, but not worth taking it up the poop shoot for a 5-10 stretch.

It's just as possible the thief took the books from one pile and put them in another, seeing if anyone would notice, hoping to get the box later.

I'm not sure why so many of you think this guy is the thief.

I guess no good deed goes unpunished.

Until I get the books back, I would really appreciate any (negative) speculation in this thread to cease...

this is not a "what if" or "make believe" or a game to me...

and while I certainly appreciate the words of support and positive statements, anything else at this point can only be potentially detrimental...

ow, will ask mods to delete thread...

thanks

lol

Did many nights of guarding beer and music equipment for festivals and pretty much just walked around doing my rounds and sat at a gate for 12 hours.

I have experience doing nothing!

Better?

edit: Security companies have liability insurance and for me I don't care about getting rich. If I could actually sit in a booth doing that all night I would be quite happy especially if you have seen some of the stuff I have dealt with lately lol. Also if it was done privately like how bars are operated through themselves the liability would be on themselves. As long as the person is bondable and has a security license I don't see the issue.