• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GAtor has books MISSING at Tampa Con which are then FOUND!

309 posts in this topic

The books will likely be send in for new CGC numbers by the perps unless of course they are complete imbeciles.

With literally hundreds of AF15s in those grades, it will be practically impossible to make them distinguishable unless they had very unique traits.

you are killing my optimism :(

:eek::sorry:

Just like with missing persons, I'm sure there is a critical time window for these books before things get "complicated"

So glad they were insured. Really sorry to hear about it.
i do have a cia policy, so if it comes to that maybe some compensation.

Adam told me what great folks they were with his books. NOT.

Just to clarify, the box is missing. I've never stated it was stolen

"Rick Whitelock of New Force Comics has reported to police, $85,000 worth of comic books stolen from Tampa Bay Comic Con this weekend"

Nope my exact words were the box is missing. Never used the word stolen , though that is a strong possibility

Just to clarify, the box is missing. I've never stated it was stolen

"Rick Whitelock of New Force Comics has reported to police, $85,000 worth of comic books stolen from Tampa Bay Comic Con this weekend"

Nope my exact words were the box is missing. Never used the word stolen , though that is a strong possibility

Journalism :cloud9:

I'm confused, was the box locked up over night but wasn't there in the morning? Was a 3rd party involved in locking up the books or retrieving them?

Do u have front and back cover scans that you can share in case they try to crack them out to sell?

Really sucks and you have insurance but wondering if premiums will go up after this or stay the same.

Books like that, I would walk around with them chained to my neck or rent a safe deposit box for them.

Sorry to hear.

I hope they turn up.

I'm confused, was the box locked up over night but wasn't there in the morning? Was a 3rd party involved in locking up the books or retrieving them?

Do u have front and back cover scans that you can share in case they try to crack them out to sell?

Really sucks and you have insurance but wondering if premiums will go up after this or stay the same.

Books like that, I would walk around with them chained to my neck or rent a safe deposit box for them.

Sorry to hear.

I hope they turn up.

Scans would help, especially if there is a combination of distinct features on each book even if they do get cracked and resubmitted. I'm sure lots of folks will be on the lookout for you once confirmed this was not just a mistake. Fingers crossed these turn up soon for you.

Sorry to hear.

I hope they turn up.

Books were locked up overnight and untouched. So it happened during loadin and i didn't notice it was missing till next morning bc I don't set up loadin day

I lock up books, no one else

I don't sell online so I rarely take the time or have time to scan books (in fact since updating to new Windows last year my microtek i800 doesn't work anyway) and I don't post them here very often anymore so may or may not have pics

That was actually one of the least valuable boxes

Rick the following image was posted in one of the FB groups - not sure if this helps but thought I'd share in case you need it as evidence of what was taken:

older pic ...don't think any of those were them but I will try to narrow down

Rick the following image was posted in one of the FB groups - not sure if this helps but thought I'd share in case you need it as evidence of what was taken:

And how do you even prove the pic is very recent (ie last weekend) and even belongs to Rick ?

older pic ...don't think any of those were them but I will try to narrow down

Read this after my post.

Don't understand how there isn't a camera feed in a large convention center such as this?

Was the case the box was stored in visibly damaged or simply left unlocked with the box removed?

Who had access to center after hours? The security guards in the yellow jumpers are also suspect if they were on night patrol.

Do you remember showing anyone the contents inside the box prior to it being stolen?

And how do you even prove the pic is very recent (ie last weekend) and even belongs to Rick ?

Someone took it at his table. I said I wasn't sure if it would help exactly because of it possibly being an older photo. And while it might not be applicable in this case, even if it's an older pic, it is concievable that one from the line-up might be one of the missing copies.

Regardless, the intent was to help.

Dang, that is huge suck when one of your boxes with such these keys inside went missing (or stolen?). Hopefully somewhere you will get the box back in your hands intact with all inside. :wishluck:

Don't understand how there isn't a camera feed in a large convention center such as this?

Was the case the box was stored in visibly damaged or simply left unlocked with the box removed?

Who had access to center after hours? The security guards in the yellow jumpers are also suspect if they were on night patrol.

Do you remember showing anyone the contents inside the box prior to it being stolen?

The center claimed privacy issues why they had no internal camera...I requested they review the dock footage to rule out me leaving box on dock (didnt think this was a possibility but not ruling anything out)

I don't set up Thursday or show anyone contents

It could not have occurred after hours. Boxes were identical Friday morning as I secured Thursday. So the box never made it into my lockup set up in booth. It could have only happened during load in when the boxes were not secured.