• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Feedback on a PGX Incredible Hulk #181

12 posts in this topic

Any thoughts on this issue? If I had it regraded, do you think it would come back at the same grade? What's a good price point to pick this up at? I've been keeping an eye on Incredible Hulk #181s at 7.5 and they hover between $1500 and $1700.

Thanks in advance and any input is appreciated!

2v2SOUq.jpg

1MTshBO.jpg

In my opinion, a 7.5 is gracious from what I can see of that spine, although I have minimal experience with PGX books. regarding prices, in general PGX books tend to pull about 10-20% less than a CGC graded book depending on presentation, whether or not it's a major key, etc. etc.

Cool sig placement and classic book!

I would guess that to be a 5.0/5.5 at best with the spine damage and color breaking creases, not to mention the staples and the stain on the back. There is a reason someone sent it to voldemort.

also-- not sure the CGC will let that be a SS-- and might knock it down further as "writing on the cover"

I would guess that to be a 5.0/5.5 at best with the spine damage and color breaking creases, not to mention the staples and the stain on the back. There is a reason someone sent it to voldemort.

Concur - egregious books like this are what give PGX their well-deserved horrible reputation. :facepalm:

Concur - egregious books like this are what give PGX their well-deserved horrible reputation. :facepalm:

Except Voldemort is a board pseudonym for the only other legitimate grading company, whose name cannot be mentioned here for the very reason they are legit. PGX can be mentioned because one guy working out of his garage slabbing books like this as 7.5 is a joke, not to mention other questionable PGX practices.