• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All gone, thread closed!

12 posts in this topic

Two Golden Age keys for sale tonight! Both were graded by CGC last week and just got back to me today.

Terms:

Payment via cashier's check or bank wire. U.S. customers only. USPS Priority Mail Express (overnight shipping) with insurance and signature confirmation is included.

Usual rules. No returns on CGC graded books. First “I’ll take it” in the thread gets it. Any questions, please let me know.

Kudos thread is posted on the boards, and I sell on eBay under the name "blissard" (100% positive, with over 18,000 feedback).

Thanks!

-Adam

Book 1: Detective Comics #140 CGC 5.5 Off-White Pages. PRICE: $7,250. SOLD.

Book presents very nicely for the grade. Please note that the small area to the right of Riddler's face (middle front cover in the yellow) is a small "newton ring" effect and isn't a stain on the actual book. And above the "Tive" title upper middle front cover, that is just a slight glare from my scanner.

Grader Notes are as follows:

crease left top of back cover

light wear all corners cover

multiple stain back cover

small tear right center of front cover

spine stress lines

GPA is a bit behind in the pricing on this issue. I know of several more recent sales at a good bit above GPA, and a CBCS 3.0 copy went for $3900 in the last Comic Connect auction. A very solid, mid-grade example with a nice appearance.

100a_1.jpg

100b_1.jpg

Book 2: Superman #2 CGC 6.0 Off-White Pages. PRICE: $13,500. SOLD

Comes from an original owner collection, looks very nice for a 6.0. Two main defects are a small tear at the top spine of covers and a small blue ink stain lower right front cover. Please note that this book also has some of the "newton ring" effect from the slab (along the left and right front cover), but these spots that look like water stains are absolutely not on the book. If the book doesn't sell here, I will probably send it back to CGC for re-holdering as it really presents a lot better than the slab is making it appear.

Grader Notes are as follows:

blue ink right bottom of front cover

light wear right bottom of front cover

moderate tanning interior cover

multiple crease left top of back cover

small split top of spine

spine stress lines

Only 18 copies graded higher. With the absolute explosion in Superman #1 prices, this one is looking like more and more of a bargain as time passes. A 5.5 sold earlier this year for $11,888 according to GPA.

102a_1.jpg

102b_1.jpg