• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first Pedigree purchase!!

35 posts in this topic

I agree with you Rob that Western Penn does have some outstanding books, but as a whole how would you think the other pedigrees compare?

I'd actually rank it pretty highly. From what I can tell the collection was super deep and the quality of the books is pretty high. Search Western Penn at Heritage's archives and check out all the killer, killer DCs. I mean, Flash 123 CGC NM 9.4? 893whatthe.gif

I just noticed that the first two books are from 1961 and 1975 respectively... headbang.gif

Yet again, we would disagree. While WP has some nice books in it, I would not rank it above more than half the pedigrees out there. There are much more impressive pedigrees than WP.

I agree with you Rob that Western Penn does have some outstanding books, but as a whole how would you think the other pedigrees compare?

I'd actually rank it pretty highly. From what I can tell the collection was super deep and the quality of the books is pretty high. Search Western Penn at Heritage's archives and check out all the killer, killer DCs. I mean, Flash 123 CGC NM 9.4? 893whatthe.gif

I just noticed that the first two books are from 1961 and 1975 respectively... headbang.gif

Yet again, we would disagree. While WP has some nice books in it, I would not rank it above more than half the pedigrees out there. There are much more impressive pedigrees than WP.

I actually ranked it third behind WM and PC when asked recently. To me, the breadth and depth of the collection is much more impressive than most SA pedigrees owing to the many, many years covered and the presence of all those sweet DCs and the quality is high.

The Western Penna pedigree has many extraordinary copies of the earliest Silver Age books. F'rinstance: TOS 40 best in existance

Plus, I believe the WP ped contains some of the nicest known examples of the earliest Silver Age DC keys (such as the BB34 owned by Tim "TTH")

The Western Penna pedigree has many extraordinary copies of the earliest Silver Age books. F'rinstance: TOS 40 best in existance

Plus, I believe the WP ped contains some of the nicest known examples of the earliest Silver Age DC keys (such as the BB34 owned by Tim "TTH")

I guess you are right, it is far superior to any of the GA pedigrees. foreheadslap.gif

I guess you are right, it is far superior to any of the GA pedigrees. foreheadslap.gif

I think we're all (except for you) comparing WP to the other SA pedigrees.

I think we're all (except for you) comparing WP to the other SA pedigrees.

My first post about this was comparing Western Penn to ALL pedigrees, not SA ones. Most pedigrees don't even have SA books in them. Maybe that's why you and others think so highly of WP books, because you narrowly limit their impact. In the case of comparing just SA books, then yes, WP books are valued. However when you look at the number of SA pedigrees, there are not that many. So being rated high is not that great an a feat.

Sounds like you are trying to pick a fight.

To me there are maybe ten truly get GA pedigrees and another five or six SA great pedigrees.

Are the ten GA pedigrees more impressive then most SA pedigrees, probably, but most don't have the numbers of books as the SA pedigrees do.

To me, if I actually could own all the books of just two pedigrees, it would be Edgar Church and White Mountain.

From there I would cover over three decades of comic books, and have a substantial amount in VF/NM or better.

Sounds like you are trying to pick a fight.

To me there are maybe ten truly get GA pedigrees and another five or six SA great pedigrees.

Are the ten GA pedigrees more impressive then most SA pedigrees, probably, but most don't have the numbers of books as the SA pedigrees do.

To me, if I actually could own all the books of just two pedigrees, it would be Edgar Church and White Mountain.

From there I would cover over three decades of comic books, and have a substantial amount in VF/NM or better.

Rob was the one who attempted to belittle my opinion, not the other way around. He has his own opinions which differ significantly from my own on a wide range of topics. If he chooses to respond to my comments then I will respond back. However he frequently resorts to beligerent means of getting his point across, which makes it difficult to communicate. confused-smiley-013.gif