• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first Pedigree purchase!!

35 posts in this topic

I thought Pedigree books were a little more prestigious than a $20 bill? confused-smiley-013.gif

A random TOD book in 9.2 isn't going to be helped all that much by the Western Penn factor. It's still a good price. It sold for $35 originally.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought Pedigree books were a little more prestigious than a $20 bill?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A random TOD book in 9.2 isn't going to be helped all that much by the Western Penn factor. It's still a good price. It sold for $35 originally.

BA other then keys, in anything less then 9.4, usually have little demand. It cost more to grade that book, then what it sold for and the shipping added another 25% to the price.

Still, a good pick-up and congrats on your first pedigree.

I would say that the Western Penn books are probably at the bottom of all the pedigree books (not counting MH2). They certainly appear to be the cheapest of any of them and the most common.

I have a few WP books and love em though. cloud9.gif

I would say that the Western Penn books are probably at the bottom of all the pedigree books (not counting MH2). They certainly appear to be the cheapest of any of them and the most common.

Well, depends if you count the Dallas Stephens collection, if you can call that a collection. WPs have it all over that colection. Heck I have it all over that collection too!

Well, depends if you count the Dallas Stephens collection, if you can call that a collection. WPs have it all over that colection. Heck I have it all over that collection too!

pedigree, not collection. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Part of that is because they're still being sold "fresh" and the stuff that's being sold is the bottom of the barrel from the collection. There are exceptional books in the collection.

For one thing, "Dallas Stephens" is just paid advertisement on the label. It's not a pedigree. Secondly, as much as I hate the label notation, Dallas Stephens really DID have a remarkable collection so I'd be very surprised if you really did "have it over" that collection.

Part of that is because they're still being sold "fresh" and the stuff that's being sold is the bottom of the barrel from the collection. There are exceptional books in the collection.

I agree with you Rob that Western Penn does have some outstanding books, but as a whole how would you think the other pedigrees compare?

I agree with you Rob that Western Penn does have some outstanding books, but as a whole how would you think the other pedigrees compare?

I'd actually rank it pretty highly. From what I can tell the collection was super deep and the quality of the books is pretty high. Search Western Penn at Heritage's archives and check out all the killer, killer DCs. I mean, Flash 123 CGC NM 9.4? 893whatthe.gif

I just noticed that the first two books are from 1961 and 1975 respectively... headbang.gif

893naughty-thumb.gifMH2 IS NOT A PEDIGREE I don't care how much Chuck paid them - having that designation in the same area and in the same font style as the Pedigree notations is a slap in the face to all the other Peds. sumo.gif

As usual, right again. thumbsup2.gif

There are plenty of incredible early SA Western Penn books. It is clearly one of the better SA pedigrees.

Every pedigree has it's strong points and weak points. I love Northlands as the dozen or so I have are beauties. But I have heard that the later SA issues aren't as nice. And while Oaklands are gorgeous books, none of the early SA keys are represented. And so on and so on.........

I'd actually rank it pretty highly. From what I can tell the collection was super deep and the quality of the books is pretty high. Search Western Penn at Heritage's archives and check out all the killer, killer DCs. I mean, Flash 123 CGC NM 9.4? 893whatthe.gif

I just noticed that the first two books are from 1961 and 1975 respectively... headbang.gif

Thanks for the link, Rob. thumbsup2.gif

811075061o.jpg